music

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Bob Pacey

Re: music

Post by Bob Pacey » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:22 am

What about listening to music while we fish ? it works for me.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Stephen Whiteside

Post by Stephen Whiteside » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:43 am

I'm happy to listen to music while I eat fish - or even impersonate a fish, perhaps.
Stephen Whiteside, Australian Poet and Writer
http://www.stephenwhiteside.com.au

warooa

Post by warooa » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:16 pm

Anyone who likes blues and Aussie themed songs must take a look at Russell Morris (he of late 60's The Real Thing etc fame) and his latest renaissance - great tunes, awesome voice and a wonderful bunch of songs about, to name a few, Pharlap, Les Darcy, Van Diemen's Land and Squizzy Taylor . . . check out Sharkmouth.

One of my favourite CD's at the minute.

Cheers, Marty

Heather

Post by Heather » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:21 pm

Sharkmouth is the name of the CD?

I'm really enjoying Danny Ross's CD - you might like that one too Marty. (When I remember the name of it I'll put it here)

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:46 am

Play cd's I'll just take my chance with a good radio station.

Bob

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:25 am

I have all of Beethoven's symphonies on CD if anyone wants to have a listen. And four of Handel's oratorios, Messiah, Saul, Solomon and Judas Maccabeus, plus complete Ode to St. Cecilia's Day and the Dettingen Te Deum . Wonderful singing on those.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:19 pm

Happy New Year to anyone that I haven't caught yet.

Now I often listen to music while I am writing and there is a well known folk singer (round the southern festival circuit) named Margaret Bradford who is currently nutting out a tune to accompany my poem, 'The Hem Of Her Apron'.
You never know I may get to record something after all. So why not talk about music: Specially the music that is sometimes played on spoken word CDs. .. Often the music is used simply because it has a 'down-homey feeling', in between tracks, or is it to use up time because the poet hasn't got anything else they want on the disc.

I will try to have a go at this sea shanty thing. Does it have to be new - or will an old unfinished poem, that I drag out and try to finish, be acceptable? I have been looking back at my early stiff, trying to find a particular poem that I wrote with children in mind. So you never know I may find two, and in one go, to bring two to the light of day. I'm sure I am not the only one who has little snatches of poems written in note books or napkins or even those that have been started in the computer... but never finished. (1) I am going to make a list of any that I find and (2) get back to them. (with new eyes).
(The fact that I have divided the job into two sections and give them numbers almost dooms the task from ever being completed.)
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:35 pm

Oh you do waffle Zondrea do a NIKE

JUST DO IT !

Bob

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:58 pm

I don't want your old stiff in poetry Zondrae - Yo ho ho on the dead mans chest has been done to death :roll: but I am happy for you to submit some old unfinished stuff that you might want to play around with a bit more :D
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.