Hey Martyboy

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
r.magnay

Hey Martyboy

Post by r.magnay » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:01 am

Seems we have something in common to brag about Marty. Yesterday I received an email from a bloke in Mississippi, he is a teacher or "teaches film class". seems they have made a film about the early days of using draft animals in the western hemisphere, they have used my poem about draft horses, I think it is the one I wrote called pulling the plough. He was seeking my permission to use it but by the sound of it they already have, I guess they want my permission before they release it. Though the subject matter is of less importance than your poem, I am still pretty chuffed.
Ross

manfredvijars

Re: Hey Martyboy

Post by manfredvijars » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:11 am

That's great Rosco, particularly when it comes out of the blue (AND from the other side of the World) like that ... congratulations ... :D

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:54 am

Thanks fellas, of course I have approved and notified him of that, he has promised me a DVD of the film if I agreed to let them use it, so I look forward to seeing that. Haven't heard back as yet though.
Ross

Ron

Post by Ron » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:23 am

'Onya Ross, congratulations.
Ron

Stephen Whiteside

Post by Stephen Whiteside » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:24 am

Well done, Ross! Sounds brilliant!
Stephen Whiteside, Australian Poet and Writer
http://www.stephenwhiteside.com.au

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:42 pm

Congratulations Ross,

Well done. Even if it is an 'old' one, to the viewers of this film it will be new and fresh. It goes to show- good writing will eventually be recognised.
Are you working on putting another book together? You must have enough material by now.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:25 am

Thanks Ron & Stephen, must admit it came as a surprise.

Hi Zondrae, I certainly would have enough stuff for another book but at this stage there are no plans for one. Even if I do another, I doubt that I would go to the expense we went to with the last one. Teresa's husband Rowan Ramsey, is the federal member for Grey now which I think is the biggest electorate in area in Australia, she travels with him a lot so I doubt that there would be any chance of her having time to illustrate it either.

This exercise is certainly a good reminder to all poets to include their (C) symbol and name with their work, I am guessing that if they had not been there, the poem would have been used anyway but with no credits.....
Ross

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:31 am

r.magnay wrote: This exercise is certainly a good reminder to all poets to include their (C) symbol and name with their work, I am guessing that if they had not been there, the poem would have been used anyway but with no credits.....
Good advice Rosco ....
ALWAYS post the (c), year and name under the title
... and NEVER at the end of your piece.
It's all too easy in a 'copy' and paste to just leave the credits out.