IRONY

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Zondrae

Re: IRONY

Post by Zondrae » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:37 pm

and I thought 'irony' was what I do after washy and dry or when all your shirts are wrinkly.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:58 pm

Oh you are a domestic Goddess Zondrae :lol: :lol:
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:44 pm

And winter is coming Zondrae, I only have to iron the collars of the shirts cause no see what's under the jumper, and that gets wrinkled anyway. ;) :)
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:22 pm

I am a strange bird,

The only household task I love doing is Ironing. I could stand and Iron all day. When we lived at LIghtning ridge and would come home for a visit, used to spend many hours ironing my sister-in -laws shirts etc. By the time we left her Ironing basked was empty. She even used to say. "the ironing is building up, when are you coming for a visit?".
I guess it is because my Mum was a professional laundress. She learned to iron in a commercial laundry in the days when ladies wore long elegant Evening Dresses and 'Balls' (eg Debutant Balls etc.) were held quite often. She had the task of ironing all the ball gowns, bridesmaids, and wedding dresses that came into the dry cleaners where she and Dad worked. Dad was a Trousers presser and often pressed over 200 pairs of trousers per day.
Zondrae King
a woman of words