How many forum members to change a lightbulb??

Post your jokes here ...
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
warooa

Re: How many forum members to change a lightbulb??

Post by warooa » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:57 am

He's a retired sparkie, Maureen . . . trust me, I know light globes, and if you're out of this game for 6 months the changes in changing the said lighting asparagus are enormous. 8-) :idea:

Marty

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:33 am

...that's charges Marty, and you could be right!... 8-)
Ross

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:08 am

thats OK Rossy poo :) I probably couldn't afford to pay your travel time anyway so don't sweat it but I do luuurve a man who has his own ladder who can meet a global challenge. ;) Be still my beating heart
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:34 am

Now Ross, we don't want to be soldiers on parade; wearing the same uniform, marching to the beat of the same drum. Or if you're French " vive la différence " :geek: ;)

I always call those things lightbulbs, and for me it's a much neater and poetic word than lightglobe. Light..globe sounds like you're about to choke. Which you would if you tried one of those lightbulb eating stunts. :geek: :roll:
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:42 am

I’m with you Ross; if we keep Globalising our language we will have to change too “American Bush Poetry” unless of course we are planting Poppies then bulbs would be fine.

TTFN 8-)
I Keep Trying

Vic Jefferies

Post by Vic Jefferies » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:49 am

Just how complicated has it now become to buy a light globe (bulb?) Bought a new light fitting at Bunnings the other day and it took the salesman ten minutes to figure out what globe I needed and another five minutes to locate it amongst the huge variety in stock. As always turned out I need the dearest ones. Then he told me that due to recent innovations most of what he had on the shelves would soon be outdated and he shuddered at how much time it would take him to learn all the new stuff. Progress!

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:31 pm

warooa wrote:He's a retired changes in changing the said lighting asparagus are enormous. 8-) :idea: Marty
WOW ... things HAVE changed - NO bulbs or globes but lighting asparagus now?? :) :D :lol:

warooa

Post by warooa » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:22 am

Asparagus is grown from a bulb :idea:

I agree Vic . . . I liked the old choice of simple wattage, pearl or clear and screw-in or bayonett . . . (and the old price :roll:

geez, I'm starting to sound like an old fart (what's that Fred? When in Rome :D )

And who was it who said there couldn't be any profound discussion here in "jokes"?

Discussions as complex as global (or bulbal) warming :roll:

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:59 am

:lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.