Report re Tamworth Events

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Robyn

Re: Report re Tamworth Events

Post by Robyn » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:40 am

Thanks Terry , Bob, Heather, Maureen. It was a great thrill and good to be part of the first Golden Damper organised by the ABPA. Graeme and Manfred worked very hard to make it all run smoothly. Jan Morris and her group were suitably acknowledged for their 25 years of work.
The walk-ups organised by Tom McIlveen were mainly well attended and were certainly appreciated by the poets.
I can't really comment on whether numbers were up or down at the AGM as this was my first time in Tamworth, but I can say some of the jobs were hard to fill and some spots remained vacant. Manfred and Tom were both re-elected unopposed.
There was lots of bush poetry over the festival, with some days having five poets' breakfasts to choose from, plus a couple of brunches and then a few gigs at other times as well. The Bush Laureate awards saw the Tamworth Town Hall almost full.
Tom seemed to be everywhere, taking on jobs at the AGM, organising the float, the walk-ups and a poets' tree that has been planted, but he would be the best one to give details on all that. Well done Tom and helpers!
Robyn Sykes, the Binalong Bard.

Terry

Post by Terry » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:53 am

Hi Robyn,
I agree with you regarding Tom, he seemed to be everywhere. I have a lasting memory of him sprinting to the Mike from halfway down the hall where he had been doing something about the float and still breathless starting to recite in the final of the Golden damper. And what's more didn't seem to miss a beat - well done Tom.

Terry

David Campbell

Post by David Campbell » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:07 am

Well done, Robyn and John. I couldn't get to Tamworth this year, but if last year was anything to go by the poetry events will have been well supported. Congratulations to all involved, both behind the scenes and up-front.

Cheers
David

Peely

Post by Peely » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:09 pm

Thank you Maureen, Heather, Bob, Terry and David

The Golden Damper performance competition is one of my favourites to compete in. The ABPA did a good job in running the competition for the first time. It was a shame that the number of competitors in the heats were down a little this year, but I am sure the competition can bounce back to be a bigger and better one next year.

Congratulations to Robyn and the other successful placegetters, Anita and Brian. I'd also like to congratulate the other competitors who were unsuccessful on the day - there were some great performances that can't have been too far out of the running for a prize. I hope that these competitors continue to have a go and there is every chance that they will make it onto the winners list in future years.

Congratulations David and Terry for your successes in the written competition and in the Bush Laureate awards. I am sure that you are both very pleased with the results that you achieved.

I will congratulate the other forum members, Val Wallace for her successes in the Blackened Billy and Stephen Whiteside for his success in the Bush Laureate Awards.

And congratulations to the other placegetters in the Blackened Billy Competition and the other winners in the Bush Laureate Awards.

I think that should cover them all.

Regards

John Peel
John Peel - The Man from Gilmore Creek

Robyn

Post by Robyn » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:36 pm

Thanks John and well done to you. You were fantastic and a deserving winner. And thanks to Brian and Anita and all the other poets in the Comp, it was lovely meeting everyone and everyone did such a good job. I'm really looking forward to next year.
And congratulations to David, Terry, Stephen and all the forum members who won or were nominated for their written work. Well done to all!
Robyn Sykes, the Binalong Bard.