It’s Great To Be Alive.

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Dave Smith

Re: It’s Great To Be Alive.

Post by Dave Smith » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:56 pm

Thanks Mates, After they flushed out the toxins and changed me pills I am all good, just gotta build up me strength an’ I’ll be giving cheek in no time. The good thing is no permanent damage.

Terry I got your book today mate I love it, Thanks. I am MC at our muster next Friday If I can talk someone into taking me down) and am going to read “Daydreams’ straight from the book.

TTFN 8-)
I Keep Trying

Irene

Post by Irene » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:59 pm

Bugger Dave!!! You aint meant to be getting sick!! :shock: You look tooooooo healthy to be getting flown down to Perth, so just get yourself all rehabilitated and rested, and back to work on your writing and performance!! Understand????? :lol:
Seriously, good to see you have recovered well, and back home enjoying some TLC from Elaine (at least I hope you are!!! ;) )
Those planes trips are a little interesting, aren't they?? I too took a trip in one back in June - have still to write my poem that I was going to do!! :lol:

Let me know when you are up and about to full strength again - Bill Gordon and I had plans on roping you and Terry into getting involved in either the WABP&YS main committee (AGM in Sept), or a sub-committee looking at running another state championships comp at Boyup Brook in February - if the committee approves it. I won't write you out of our plans yet eh????? ;) :lol:

Keep well, and hope to catch you and Elaine sometime when I finish work (2 weeks!!!!)
Irene

PS you sneaked in a reply while I was typing!! And thanks for the info - I am just starting my newsletter (just a week late!!) and was looking to find out who was MC'ing on Friday - just got my answer!! :lol:
What goes around, comes around.

Terry

Post by Terry » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:38 pm

Hi Again Dave,
I might just have to hang on that extra day and listen to you recite 'Daydreams' I'm sure you will do a great job of it.
Might just have to read one myself since I still haven't had time to learn one properly, mind you I still have a week don't I?

Just take care mate and if I miss you on Friday, I will make an effort to catch up with you and Elaine when I get back.

Cheers Mate.

Terry

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:52 am

Thank Cobbers it's really good to hear such well wishes from ya mates.

Cheers Dave.
I Keep Trying

warooa

Post by warooa » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:19 am

Good onya Mister Smiff . . . great to see ya back in the saddle so to speak. You'll be running half marathons in no time.

Cheers, Marty and his crew

ps. hope ya legs haven't deteriorated none (aesthetically) :D

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:53 am

warooa wrote:ps. hope ya legs haven't deteriorated none (aesthetically)

Struth! that would be a bit scary Marty.. :lol: ....'course I have a lot of room to talk Dave.. ;)
Ross

Irene

Post by Irene » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:00 am

Hey Dave - I believe you are up and about pretty good now, and preparing for a little gig soon!!!! ;)
And I have it on good authority that you took note of my last post - we are preparing the nomination forms! :lol:
What position would you like??

Catchya
IRene
What goes around, comes around.

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:50 pm

Yeah Irene getting my strength back and feeling good. I am going to MC the muster on Friday night
Elaine is going drive me down and Grace has kindly offered to put us up for the night.

Bill and I have some irons in the fire, we are in line for a great couple of weeks.

As for nominations how about “left Right” that is “left right out.” Na just kidding you may put down as a committee member.

TTFN 8-)

PS
Hey Blokes me legs is fine, they keep me bum off the ground.
I Keep Trying

David J Delaney

Post by David J Delaney » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:50 pm

G'day Dave, sorry to hear of your little misadventure, but glad to hear you are ok & on the mend, take care mate..... :)

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:50 pm

Cheers David J thanks, getting back to old self. Would be better if I was getting back to me young self but hey ya can't win 'em all.

TTFN 8-)
I Keep Trying