Horror story

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Neville Briggs

Re: Horror story

Post by Neville Briggs » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:04 pm

I was listening to-day to a really worthwhile broadcast from London ; the London Proms Concert. They played Handel's marvellous oratorio, Judas Maccabeus ,which includes the famous chorus See the Conquering Hero Comes. Wonderful , or if you're German..wunderbar :P :P

In historic times when the Duke of Wellington returned from defeating Napolean, great crowds turned out and joined in to sing Handel's chorus See the Conquering Hero Comes.
I suppose to-day they would just mindlessly chant ...Naah, nah nah, nanena nah, nanena nah, HEY DUKE!! :lol:
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:20 pm

You're so right Marty, you have thought of something worse. :shock: :shock: ;)
Neville

warooa

Post by warooa » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:56 pm

Martyboy wrote: Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie Oi Oi Oi , quite possilby the most moronic chant in the history of man
Nah, Marty - that would be without a black and white shadow of doubt a chant that starts with "Colling" and ends in "Wood".

I think you're being very Un-bloody-Australian! :| Let me guess . . . you don't like them beach-balls in the crowd at the cricket either :(

ps. I remember one of them sketch shows doing an operatic version of Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie - quite amusing it was :D

keats

Post by keats » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:09 pm

Yes Marty and who are all these blokes Neville is rattling on about? I never remember them from ANY episode of the Dukes Of Hazard! I am starting to think that he is making them all up, because I can't find them anywhere in the iTunes Store! Na nana nanana, nanana Hey Jude........... think I'll just Let It Be. :shock:

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:56 am

Never watch the opening ceremonies not my cup of tea.

Stopped watching the tennis as well now the girls look like blokes ? ;)

But I will watch the hockey, and some of the main arena events if I'm able to stay awake and it does not clash with the footy.

Newcastle Pffffft

Bob Go The Doggies 8-) 8-)
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:59 pm

Well Neil, Roll over Beethoven, they sang and after 250 years , Beethoven's music is holding up as strong as ever. Lennon and McCartney's ditties are showing sure signs of rigor mortis after 50 years. :lol:
Neville

keats

Post by keats » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:08 pm

Beetwho?

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:09 pm

In one of your replies above, Neil, you said that Paul sold more records than Beethoven. So you must know who Beethoven is, to check on his record sales. ;) ;) :D
Neville

keats

Post by keats » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:23 pm

Settle petal. Only stirring. I was never much of a Beatles Fan. I was a Stones fan (a bit like AFL vs NRL or Ford vs Holden!). But I'm just not a fan of Classicsl music. Or Rap or Jazz or Country and Western or Hip Hop or......... Hang on who do I like? Oh yes The Stones and Pink Floyd! Lol :D
Last edited by keats on Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

warooa

Post by warooa » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:15 am

Homer Simpson also said "Heh Heh Heh! Lisa! Vampires are make believe, just like elves and gremlins and eskimos!" :roll: