2012 ABPA Office Bearers

For posting notices of interest to members - notices that may not make it to the Mag or the Web-site.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
manfredvijars

Re: 2012 ABPA Office Bearers

Post by manfredvijars » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:44 pm

william williams wrote:What noms were placed in the forum for us to choose from or in the magazine. So! how could we BLOODY VOTE by the way who did you vote for Bob
bill Williams
Thank you for bringing the Vice-President's gap to my attention - FIXED.

The positions of 'Editor' and 'Web Admin' aren't voted on but are ABPA Committee appointments as both positions work under the direction of the committee.

I posted in the Public Noticeboard under "2012 ABPA President?", to inform members that BOTH Frank and I were running. I notice that you voted by proxy, so obviously you got to bloody vote.

So what's your point Bill??

Terry

Post by Terry » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:39 pm

Congratulations to all be they new or old - time to all pull together now folks.

Terry

william williams

Post by william williams » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:07 pm

Right Manfred thank you for answering and letting us know that the commitee are the ones that fill the spaces in the elections and yes I did vote Proxy as he was the only one I knew as like many others
I had no knowledge apart from your self who else stood for what positions so how about the committee
doing the legal thing and letting all members knowing who is being nominated or am I like many others kept in the dark

William George Williams

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:40 pm

william williams wrote: doing the legal thing and letting all members knowing who is being nominated or am I like many others kept in the dark

William George Williams
Just what do you mean Bill, "... like many others kept in the dark??"

william williams

Post by william williams » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:00 am

It has been bought to my notice that the remark that I made was in appropriate

remark as people have taken offence to it

The remark being, or am I like many other are being kept in the dark.”

This statement was not meant to be in anyway derogatory to any person or persons

In the ABPA the question I was raising was that very little info is available

William George Williams

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:59 am

Thanks for that Bill. I'm still perplexed as to what you mean by 'very little info'.

Things of note are mostly published in the Newsletter, as it goes out to ALL the members (unlike the Forum and emails). Last year, at committee level, we were tied down with one issue, however the ABLA proposal, the ABPA letter of agreement and my covering letter were published in the Newsletter (August-September issue 2011).

The AGM is well announced (according to our Model Rules) and it is also announced that all committee positions will be vacated. Nominations for all positions will be taken up till SEVEN days prior to the AGM, however if no nominations are received, they will be called for from the floor at the AGM on the day. Getting the Nomination information out to ALL the membership is a challenge. I did, however, post to the membership, that both Frank and myself would be running for the position of President on Sun Jan 15, - the AGM was held on the 25th ...

Any suggestions on how we can improve the flow of information to ALL the members in a timely fashion would be well received and welcome.

Cheers,

Manfred.

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:31 pm

Thank you Mr President.

I did receive your email to inform me that there were two candidates for the position of president. I am also of the understanding that there are never enough people (willing to put their hand up to do some work for the Assn) to fill all the positions - and - that Frank Daniel has held several positions simultaneously , for several years. Both you and Frank have done a lot to promote our Association and are worthy of a big thank you.

I was a little disappointed to see Greg North step back. Perhaps he is saving himself in case he is needed to assist Frank with the Magazine, as I understand he has done in the past. In any case, lets all get on with it. Making sure our fees are paid and we are available to publicise, perform and further the Assn at every opportunity.
Zondrae King
a woman of words