Wool wagon awards

ABPA members can post information and general feedback about bush poetry events.
Organisers can include bush poetry results in this forum.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
william williams

Re: Wool wagon awards

Post by william williams » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:16 pm

Con grats Sue you are on a roll so keep it up

bill the old battler

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:47 pm

Sue is a natural reciter. She did a great job and has a wonderful future ahead of her. Remember, she has only been writing since about February this year - you go girl! :)

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:19 pm

Hey Heather,

When do we get to see the photos? I've been hanging out to see them.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:04 pm

Hi Zondrae. Haven't been home long. I stopped with Sue and Ron in Tumut last night to break the trip a bit. Hopefully I'll download the pics of the camera tonight (if I can stay awake) and see what they look like. Stay tuned.

Heather :)

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:41 pm

Did anyone notice,

In the background of the shot of Ken Tough, Will Moody, Peter and Anita Mace, you can also see Sue looking on and me taking a photo of John Peel (to send to his Mum). You can also see Peter's trophy on the table and John is holding his trophy.

Must be a really good camera to get these shopt so clearly. Thanks Heather for being the unofficial photographer. I'd like to see some of the more shots you took on stage. You've done a great job.

As Robyn took the group shot (and she wasn't officially a 'site user' then) she is not in the shot. Thanks Robyn.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:46 pm

Jim Brown, Spud Murphy, Zondrae King and Ken Tough. Entertaining at the caravan park on Friday evening. By Saturday Jim's beard had disappeared!
Jim, Spud, Zondrae and Ken reduced.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:52 pm

Great piccies Heather and looks like a ton of fun. That wool wagon award is to die for. :mrgreen:
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:01 pm

Isn't it ever Maureen! The weekend was a hoot. Heaps of fun. It's the latest I have been out of bed for years! Will take me a week to recover I think.

The quality of the reciting/performing was incredible. I'd have hated to be judging. Jim Brown had me in tears with The Overlander by Will Ogilvie. Ken Tough just blew everyone away with his reciting - he has the most amazing voice. To be honest they were all amazing and I admire anyone who can get up in front of people and recite.

I do have some great photos of other people accepting their trophies and certificates but I will send them to Frank for the magazine and Manfred for the Results page if they want them. If anyone wants photos of themselves/group they are in, please send me your email by pm and I will email a better copy - these have been reduced in size and quality.

Heather :)

Robyn

Post by Robyn » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:09 pm

From what I took down the placegetters in the performance sections were:
Contemporary
1. Garry Lowe
2. John Peel
3.Terry Regan

Traditional
1. Ken Tough
2. Terry Regan