Will Rudolph Come Tonight?

ABPA Financial members can post their Bush Poetry here ...
All Forum Visitors can view but only Financial ABPA Members can post and reply.
Heather

Re: Will Rudolph Come Tonight?

Post by Heather » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:00 pm

Thank you David, Leonie and Irene. That's why some poems are just for enjoyment Leonie. I could have changed it but I liked it the way it was and if you read it quickly you don't really notice!

Irene, when you think about Rudolph and the sleigh and all the other reindeer landing on the roof of a house it makes sense to be scared that your house would fall down - and imagine the noise it would make! Little Oscar will be a year older now - I bet he has a whole new outlook on Christmas this year. I'll have to contact his mother for more inspiration...

Heather :)

Terry

Post by Terry » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:23 pm

Hi Heather
A very enjoyable read and if you like it the way it is, that's all that really matters and it's probably the way I should think a bit more, instead I seem to have become utterly ruthless in recent times. Mind you I still keep a copy of some of my oldies in their original form, warts and all.

Cheers Terry

Stephen Whiteside

Post by Stephen Whiteside » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:54 am

Yes, I enjoyed this too, Heather. Well done. It reminds me of a poem I wrote some time ago, which I will post. There's lot of hearty fodder to explore in the whole idea of a sleigh landing on a roof!

Stephen
Stephen Whiteside, Australian Poet and Writer
http://www.stephenwhiteside.com.au

Heather

Post by Heather » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:07 pm

Thanks Stephen. I reckon there would be a lot of fodder in Christmas poems.

Terry, being the perfectionist type, I probably will change it at some stage - maybe by next Christmas! Have been thinking of updating some of my earlier imperfect stuff but it's not as easy as it sounds. Been a bit busy lately and am presently kneeling on the floor of my study with the carpet all folded up and being dryed by a big blower. Got just a tad wet when rain water came in under the windows. Three floods in one week and two insurance claims - one for the flooded house pump and now for the carpet. We did need the rain - just not all at once!

Have just finished reading the biography of Henry Lawson. It really helps to understand the man and his poetry. I have one book of his poems that put them in chronological order which is a good way to see them.

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:54 pm

Heather sounds like a beautiful poem, reads like a beautiful poem then it must be a beautiful poem. But then I'm just an uneducated yokel.
Great read and story.

Cheers Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Heather

Post by Heather » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:23 pm

Thank you Bob, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Who says you must be educated to know what you enjoy? There are plenty of people in this world who have life experience and that often counts for more than formal schooling. I have met people who are highly educated but cannot hold a conversation. I lived in college with a fellow who was a PHD student in physics. Brilliant at physics but with no life skills. He had moved into college to become "more independent" but went home each day for breakfast! He was 23 years of age. True story.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:29 am

agree with everone else it is a wonderful poem but those written from the heart IMO always are. Glitch? Bitch, a mere little hummock that old Rudolph would jump over without even noticing it. Who would be so picky to notice it on such a wonderful write?

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.