WOOL WAGON CROOKWELL SUPPORT

ABPA members can post information and general feedback about bush poetry events.
Organisers can include bush poetry results in this forum.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Glenny Palmer

WOOL WAGON CROOKWELL SUPPORT

Post by Glenny Palmer » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:26 pm

The delightful couple who run Spud Murphy's Inn (Spud & Denielle) are calling for attendance support for the Wool Wagon Awards in Crookwell on Nov 18th & 19th (the weekend after next.) I'm sure they would greatly appreciate any of our members supporting the event. Their inn is a beautiful historic building & the service is A-1.
spud04.gif
spud03 2.gif
spd6 2.gif
I would dearly love to go but I've got other commitments....for this year. But I've pencilled in next year as a definite.

ENTRY INFO HERE (See Events page)
Contact Barry (Spud) Murphy 02 4832 1004

I hope this encourages some of you to attend. I'm sure they will appreciate it as they work very hard to bring this all together.

Cheeers
Glenny
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Re: WOOL WAGON CROOKWELL SUPPORT

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:09 pm

If as Marty claims it has a lot of quality entires, one would be performing on very fertile ground indeed :lol: :lol: Lot's of little things could come out of this weekend ;)

Look at the lovely bed and a warming fire...how romantic, and a quick slide down the banister....always good for a fast get away
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:20 am

I can agree with all the above.

Barry and Deneille (sorry not sure how to spell Mrs Spud's name) offer a warm country hospitality. We had the pleasure of accepting their invitation to come and stay a night and attend the Laggen poetry earlier in the year. I will be at the Wool Wagon Awards this year. It has made November a very busy month for us Majors Creek this weekend, then Crookwell and the following weekend the Timber Industry Festival at Ulladulla.

Did I mention the home front? This month we have five birthdays. Also A couple of performances with the Ukulele group and promos for the Illawarra Folk Festival. (and Doctors appointments.) How many days are there in November?
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:52 am

How many days are there in November?....a few less than you look like needing Zondrae, by the look of that calendar. But it's great to see that your busy times are for creative stuff. I hope you are both well, & I'm so pleased you are going to Crookwell. I've only 'met' Denielle on the phone & she sounds just a delightful lady.

Good luck at your venues Zondrae.
Cheeers
Glenny
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

mummsie

Post by mummsie » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:30 am

Had a lovely chat to Mrs Spud today, and the accommodation very reasonably priced.

Sue
the door is always open, the kettles always on, my shoulders here to cry on, i'll not judge who's right or wrong.

william williams

Post by william williams » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:00 am

From the ABPA Magazine – August 2011

Bush Poetry

Community honours

Frank Daniel

Anybody who’s anybody will be turning up at the Crookwell Services Club on the night of Fri 18th November this year to participate and give tribute to one of Australia’s favourite Bush Poetry sons, Frank Daniel.

Coiner of the phrase “Only half the lies I tell are the truth” Frank ‘Joe’ Daniel has been a stalwart of the Australian Bush Poet’s Association since its Incorporation in 1994.

Vice President, President and now Editor of the ABPA Magazine Frank (who was inducted to the Bush Poets Wall of Renown at Tamworth’s Longyard Hotel in 1997) has worked tirelessly to bring Australian Bush Poetry to where it is today-a well established genre on the Australian entertainment scene.

Winner of the Judith Hosier Heritage Award in 2008 (for outstanding achievements in nurturing Australia’s heritage of verse) and the 2002 Australian Yarn Spinning Champion (amongst

many, many other titles he has attained over the years) Frank will be the “Guest of Honour” at the Crookwell Woolwagon Awards this year.

Be there Fri 18th Nov at the Crookwell Services Club for an 8.00 pm start.

Graeme Johnson.

tom mcilveen

Post by tom mcilveen » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:19 am

I AM OFF TO CROOKWELL ON FRIDAY MORNING AND LOOKING FORWARD TO IT...WILL BE A GREAT WEEKEND..I THINK IT IS WORTH GOING JUST TO CATCH UP WITH FRANK DANIELS AND MAYBE HAVE A' QUIET ONE ' WITH HIM ..AND WITH GRAHAM JOHNSON AS MC WE CAN'T GO WRONG..LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING YOU THERE ZONDRAE..AND LIKE YOURSELF I AM OFF TO THE SHOALHAVEN TIMBER FESTIVAL THE FOLLOWING WEEKEND...NOVEMBER CERTAINLY IS A SHORT MONTH ON THE BUSH POET'S CALENDAR !!!
SO ANY BODY UNDECIDED COME ON DOWN TO CROOKWELL..I HAVE A STRONG FEELING THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE OF THOSE SPECIAL WEEKENDS......

TOM MCILVEEN