ABPA Patron

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
warooa

ABPA Patron

Post by warooa » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:34 am

Matt's political slant in the previous promotional topic (idea of running for the Senate) - reminded me that we used to have a Patron, I believe it was The (ex)Honorable Member for New England, Mr Tony Windsor. It used to be printed along with executive positions, state delegates and committee members in the magazine, but isn't anymore.

Even though no longer an MP, is he still our Patron? What is the role of our Patron?

I'm guessing it would be someone of "prominence" who would support and promote the cause, and perhaps offer sponsorship?

Do we need a new Patron? If so, one famous Australian who has a penchant for rhyming poetry comes to mind - Gina Rinehart.

We could help her out with her metre in exchange for sponsorship coin and naming rights. The Hancock Prospecting Australian Bush Poets Association has a certain ring to it ;)

Marty

Zondrae

Re: ABPA Patron

Post by Zondrae » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:43 am

/... but seriously folks,

What about Ted Egan. He appears at Folk Festivals playing his Beer Box. (which he autographs and gives away every show.) He writes poetry and has a real 'Aussie Bloke' image.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:17 am

Yes, Tony Windsor still is our Patron.
He was on the judging panel for the finals of the Golden Dampers.

Good choice though Zondrae ... :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Heather

Post by Heather » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:00 pm

Hamish and Andy? :)

warooa

Post by warooa » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:17 pm

Hamish and Andy?

Does this trump Manfred's pic?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:26 pm

BUGGA ... (You win) .... :evil:

Heather

Post by Heather » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:36 pm

Now there's a picture for the banner! I vote for Marty as patron - he's got the wardrobe!

although I think the dress fits you better Marty.

Heather :)

warooa

Post by warooa » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:44 pm

The dress was much more comfier than those tight gorillaz green pants 8-)

warooa

Post by warooa » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:12 pm

Back to the Patron . . . so besides helping judge the Gold Dampers ( knows a bit about baking too ;) ) and obviously is a fan of bush poetry, what is the role about? He's obviously been invited at some stage to be Patron, but does he hold the position for life, or until he doesn't want it anymore, or can we give him the flick . . . (quickly adding that I'm sure he is doing an admirable job, put purely asking hypothetically - I mean the bloke at least gets a tick for getting rid of Barnaby Joyce out of Qld :D - this state just aint big enough for too many political "mavericks".)

Is there anything in our constitution about the role? Actually . . . do we even have a constitution :?

Stephen Whiteside

Post by Stephen Whiteside » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:35 pm

How about Rob Oakeshott?
Stephen Whiteside, Australian Poet and Writer
http://www.stephenwhiteside.com.au