Another Letter to Virginia

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Terry

Re: Another Letter to Virginia

Post by Terry » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:17 am

G/day David,
A bit late coming in (as usual)

Great article.

Unless by some miracle we overcome religious bigotry where people can be brainwashed and controlled by evil people to the point of having no respect at all for human life, I see little hope in the foreseeable future, hope I'm wrong.
I realise of course we have had some awful happenings in the past with various religions and they have eventually modified mainly through education, but the fanaticism we see today defies logic.

Terry

David Campbell

Re: Another Letter to Virginia

Post by David Campbell » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:15 pm

Thanks, Terry. You're right about the bigotry problem. Unfortunately, causes of any sort always attract extremists, and religion has a history of being perverted by nutcases with their own agenda. I can only hope that the human race has the capacity to (eventually!) move beyond the fanaticism that rears its ugly head so regularly.

Education can certainly aid understanding, yet one of the paradoxes of the internet is that it makes information about other beliefs, societies, cultures etc. more accessible...while at the same time providing a platform for the easy dissemination of all manner of disturbing hate-based material.

David