Registration Agreement

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Neville Briggs

Re: Registration Agreement

Post by Neville Briggs » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:59 pm

As I had alluded to, we have a sort of " gentleman's agreement " on site content, so I hope we can work with that without hard feeling.

Let's go for the imaginative, subtle and creative rather than the stale, clichéd and second hand.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Heather

Post by Heather » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:01 pm

It was the meaning and intent of the word that was problematic. It was clear what it meant.

It might be worth having a read of the agreement from time to time. :)

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:05 pm

...actually Heather, it was only clear what it meant if you have a dirty mind... :roll: if you were totally innocent, the whole thing would have meant nothing to you and you wouldn't be offended...actually I knew what it meant too but I wasn't offended... :D
Ross

Terry

Post by Terry » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:09 pm

I think I'll stick to poetry - less chance of accidentally putting my foot in it.

Heather

Post by Heather » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:11 pm

Yeah, me too Terry.

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:29 am

Everyones minds work in different ways I think I was once told it is how you were brought up.

The biggest problem here is finding a joke no one has heard :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Terry

Post by Terry » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:18 am

Since the advent of the internet - Almost impossible I'd say Bob.

I also hear and read a lot of poems that are a spin off from some old Joke,
sort of spoils them a bit for me If I've heard the joke before.

Terry

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:19 pm

Innuendo is fine - we're all adults - even if we have our chuckle in private to preserve our 'genteel' facade - but crudity leaves me cold. It is totally lacking in finesse. :o
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:00 pm

My bit.
I understood it was agreed that offensive material was not allowed. That is racist, anti religious or overtly sexual, vulgar or outright rude. I understand that one man's rude or vulgar is another mans very funny but most of us know what offensive really means. The standard is what would make the average lady blush. It is like most 'laws'. Where do you find this reasonable man or average lady. I'm not sure. I think this can also be moderated according to the setting.

We advertise that we are a family friendly site. We all know what is currently accepted bad language. If we were out the back of a bush pub, no women or children present, then a different standard may apply but on a public site we should only post things that we would show our own grandmother or grandchildren.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Heather

Post by Heather » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:00 am

Zondrae wrote:we should only post things that we would show our own grandmother or grandchildren.
I often tell my own kids that if they wouldn't say it in front of their grandmother then they shouldn't say it. I've got a broad mind and can laugh at a risqué joke but that doesn't mean the same joke is suitable for this site - it's a poetry site and it's open to the world to see. We want to encourage people to come here, not scare them off. There was a joke on here recently which I felt very uncomfortable with as it denigrated women. I found it incredibly offensive.