Mongrels!

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Zondrae

Mongrels!

Post by Zondrae » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:59 am

G'day,

Wednesday I went to Poetry group, leaving home at 6,30 as usual. Wayne left around 6.50 to meet with his fishing mates at the local boat ramp. (as usual). I guess someone was watching our movements and had cased the joint before because while we were away we were robbed.

In through the laundry and accessed the storage shed at the back of the house and cleared out all out camping gear plus... We rang the Police who said there had been no unusual rise in crime rate for the area. We phoned the insurance company and put in a claim. The thieves took everything from a brand new 4 stroke outboard motor, Engel fridge/freezer to 4 x 24 cans cartons of Pepsi Max. They grabbed tents, tarps, gas cooker, fishing rods with reels attached, The insurance is covering everything except the outboard motor. With all the other bits (battery charger, Power converter, and things we haven't noticed yet) the total came to just under $3000. Take off the outboard and the excess and we ended up with, probably enough to replace most of it. I think we will be noticing things missing for months.
Lock up your out buildings folks. There will always be dishonest people about.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Bob Pacey

Re: Mongrels!

Post by Bob Pacey » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:11 am

Hi Zondrae I shared your facebook post on my page but there are quite a few camping groups that might keep a look out so will see if I can share it there.

Cheers Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:19 am

Also check any of your online garage sales on the FB site - it is amazing how much stolen stuff gets flogged off through them - https://www.facebook.com/groups/555175394608957/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForSale ... raNswArea/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/185282404928763/

There are more these are just a couple of the bigger ones
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

vwalla

Post by vwalla » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:43 am

Sorry to hear that Zondrae.
Sad isn't it?
Val W

Catherine Lee

Post by Catherine Lee » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:51 pm

Oh no Zondrae, I'm so sorry to hear this as being robbed is a horrible experience in many more ways than one - mongrels indeed!

Terry

Post by Terry » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:40 pm

Sorry to hear this Zondrae.

Probably a slap on the wrist if they're caught.

Terry

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:51 pm

WE feel for you Zondrae apart from cost of the loss if you are any thing like us it has taken years to put together all the camping gear that suits the way you like to go camping and the memories that are associated with some part of your kit. Yeah mongrels.

Dave and Elaine.
I Keep Trying

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:06 pm

Thanks for the kind words folks,

We are insured through Australian Pensioners and they have already replaced most of the items. They didn't cover the new outboard Wayne bought for his Kayak (water craft are not covered under household policy) but other than that they covered even the cartons of Pepsi Max. We are still finding little things that have gone eg the bag full of ropes and pegs for the tent, it will probably cost the best part of $90 to replace these and the hammer that was also in the bag. There is the tyre pressure gauge, a multi metre, a battery charger, 2 small 12v 'Redback' brand batteries, and so on. I bet we are still discovering things missing for months. They may be small items but they add up.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:11 pm

A tip Zondrae list them all and take pictures of the more expensive items.

Oh this tip is a do as I say not as I do tip :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: but then I do not have anything of value anyway.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!