A firearm

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Ian A

A firearm

Post by Ian A » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:53 pm

'Day All,
Don't know if anyone here is interested in firearms, I have been a target shooter for some years.
The link below was sent to me by a colleague in Canada and refers to the American Lewis and Clarke Expedition. Seems they carried one air rifle on their travels, of .46 calibre with a hollow cast-iron stock which could pump up to 800 p.s.i., and could propel the ball through a one inch pine board at 100 yards. Another impressive fact is, according to their diaries, they did not have to shoot any Indians!
An historic article for those interested.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/451309/t ... 296928404/
Ian.

Dave Smith

Re: A firearm

Post by Dave Smith » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:53 pm

Hi Ian a very interesting article it sure beats the old Daisy, I was a sport shooter for many years (target) using a Sako Vixen .223 and various .22s one of which is an old lever action Winchester but mostly now-a-days they just come out to be serviced and go back in the gun safe. It happens with the passing of time.

Thanks for posting that article.
TTFN :lol:
I Keep Trying

Ian A

Re: A firearm

Post by Ian A » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:49 am

'Morning Dave,
Yes, an interesting article. I would have like to try one but have to be satisfied with my .177 at 10 metres. Shoulder wear and tear has not helped my scores although I get my cataracts done in a few weeks and I hope to see the foresight a lot better.
Regards,
Ian.