Forum Members

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
william williams

Re: Forum Members

Post by william williams » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:25 pm

Interesting question wazza :?: :lol:

Gary Harding

Post by Gary Harding » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:38 pm

I would never join any organisation that would accept me as a member.

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:40 pm

Didn't Groucho Marx say something like that ?
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:41 pm

Oooh. What's the 'vetting' criteria?? I'd love to know what I passed/failed? :?
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

Irene

Post by Irene » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:11 am

I would think the idea is to keep as many people as possible on as members of the forum - if they don't participate, I'm sure there is a very valid reason!!
Perhaps they have indeed found the site isn't what they expected, or have lost interest in poetry, but maybe, just maybe, some of them have just been really busy, and don't get to check on the site.
I myself have been studying for close to two years, and trying to juggle what is considered a full time course, as well as work, and travelling to Perth et al, plus other commitments has made it such that, to come on to the site is just too hard. There is so much stuff to wade through sometimes, that it is easier just to stay away! I do pop in from time to time when I can, but if I hadn't done that, and I was wiped off the register, I certainly wouldn't bother joining again!!

I don't believe the extra names on the members list really make any difference to the speed of things being processed - but maybe Manfred can clarify that. Certainly, if it does, I doubt it would affect do so by much at all. And just maybe, a few of those members will return one day if we leave them be.

Just saying!! :lol:

Irene
What goes around, comes around.

Heather

Post by Heather » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:25 am

I agree Irene. Life gets in the way. Poets are usually busy people - work, family, art, music, travel. Most people have more than one interest or commitment. We have lots of forum users that pop in from time to time - DollyDot, Merv, Glenny, Irene, jakkimay, Marion amongst them - they are all busy people.

Bob from my limited understanding of computers, having a few names on a list is going to take up a whisker of space.

Heather :)