Photos

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
alongtimegone

Photos

Post by alongtimegone » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:20 pm

Country night-time skies. How beautiful.
Wazza.

http://blog.queensland.com/2014/05/26/s ... ws_Regular

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Re: Photos

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:32 pm

WOW - I know city folks never see this - our visitors used to lie for hours on our front deck out at Stanthorpe just watching the stars and being amazed. We would see satellites every night traversing the sky and shooting stars were common - can't say that I have ever seen them at all since coming back to the city. They are still there but we have to much light to see them here. Stree lights, car headlights, house lights etc.
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:45 am

G'day Wazza,
Some pretty impressive photos there. I spent a lot of time sleeping outside in swags in the central Australian outback, fifteen or twenty years ago, as you can imagine we saw some pretty amazing skies out there. I saw the most amazing piece of something falling to earth once during the night at an Aboriginal community called Ernabella, it lit the sky up as it fell and then left a trail in the sky like a piece of burning magnesium, I still remember that well. As Maureen says, many people never get to experience skies like that.

Sadly I have very few photos of the outback night time skies, here's a pretty reasonable sunset though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ross

william williams

Post by william williams » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:42 am

Yes Ross one of my saddest regrets is not having a camera with me to capture the wonderful scenery for ever that I have seen

bill the old battler

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:30 am

Gawjusssss Ross, simply GORGEOUS .. :D

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:48 am

How could it be gorgeous Manfred, it's just the swirling of atoms and molecules into a meaningless collection of random energised lumps, all in empty space of nothingness.

But we all know that it is gorgeous, we know it. ;) :)
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:05 pm

Just come back from a week in the Pilliga, no phone reception, FRIZZIN cold but hot bore baths to warm up in ...

The pictures are of the Southern Cross, the Coalsack and the Emu's head. When the Milky Way changes and the Emu's head drops, that's when She lays her eggs.

Between Coonabarrabran and Baradine in the Pilliga Scrub is Dandry Gorge, - Gamillaroy Murri Country
Here, Artists have placed sculptures related to the area ... Thoroughly recommend a visit if anyone is swinging by that area ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:52 pm

Interesting photos Manfred. Where did you find the hot bore baths ?
Neville

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:08 pm

... on a Mate's property near Baradine Nev.
There's also a free public one at Pilliga ...

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:22 pm

Ah right.

I've been to the one at Lightning Ridge, it's lined with tiles and has stainless ladders to get in and out, concrete paths and dressing sheds. Very fancy in those parts :)
Neville