COUNTRY MUSIC

For posting notices of interest to members - notices that may not make it to the Mag or the Web-site.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Brenda Joy

COUNTRY MUSIC

Post by Brenda Joy » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:30 am

Not really for us but posted here for the 'cross-dressers' amongst us.
BJ
Dear Country Music Association members,

I am contacting you because you are listed in the Directory of Australian Country Music and I know you will be interested to hear of a our new website, Country Underground.

It will be a forum for discussion about all things country and we will have a section specifically dedicated to country music clubs/associations. To make this work we will need people to contribute content about what's happening in their corner of the country music world. We would be pleased to receive comment, news items, issues and opinions about the country scene, both the country music industry in Australia and country issues in general. There will also be a photography section for photo uploads.

We expect to launch the website early in March and we aim to update it daily and be continually adding new material.

At this point we are seeking contributors with many and varied points of view. Please contact me to discuss your interest in being part of this new venture, perhaps as a regular writer about your club/association activities or as a contributor of a feature item or opinion piece.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Cheryl Wight
Editor
Country Underground
editor@countryunderground.com.au
0418 792 159
Sing HU to open your heart.

manfredvijars

Re: COUNTRY MUSIC

Post by manfredvijars » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:04 am

Brenda Joy wrote:Dear Country Music Association members,
specifically dedicated to country music clubs/associations.
?? ... :o
Brenda Joy wrote:Not really for us
Yep, you're right ... :D

william williams

Post by william williams » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:32 am

BRENDA AND MANFRED I beg to differ

In answer to that question. Why shut the stable door after the horses bolted is an old saying.
We all know that we need the country music scene a lot more than they need us.
Yet WHY cut ourselves off from what may be of some use to us.
We talk of the feeling of music in our poetry or rhythm if you like or are we hypocrites
Yet there are some of use who's work is written to music and have done well or are we a set of ?
If we wish to cut our nose of to spite our selves so be it but remember
WE NEED WHAT EVER LITTLE HELP WE CAN GET

well that is my opinion Bill Williams

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:17 am

Brenda Joy wrote: specifically dedicated to country music clubs/associations.

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:34 pm

Holy cow Bill you fly off the handle at the slightest thing and sometimes without one.

I totally agree with Manfred this is a bush poetry site and all Manfred is saying is that is what it should be used to post.

Sure some of us like country music and including myself but if I'm that keen I will log onto and join a country music forum.

I don't see it as cutting ourselves off .

And did you notice that I said all that without shouting ????

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:51 pm

I don't like country music..... :)

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:32 pm

I do :lol: - and agree with Bill - I don't think a little cross indexing hurts - we promote some of their events and hopefully they will promote some of ours, it's called networking :roll: some of the best companies do it and its only a couple of lines on a forum page FGS.
Nothing for anyone to get their knickers in a knot over. And they do say -
we are seeking contributors with many and varied points of view.
and we all know that country music in many cases is just Bush Poetry sent to Music - we do know that - don't we? :?
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:37 pm

Oh no, no, no! :o :shock: :?

keats

Post by keats » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:45 pm

I must admit that if it were not for Country Music Festivals, my places to perform would be limited. Thanks to Country Music Festivals such as Tamworth, Gympie, Mud Bulls, Mildura etc. etc. we have been able to establish Bush Poetry as an integral part of those festivals. Imagine if they had of cut us out? I like some Country Music, I also like some Folk etc. etc. and I don't think that now with some smaller festivals falling away and the loss of performance venues in some states that we can afford to bite the hand that helped feed us until we were capable of feeding ourselves to large crowds.

Just my two bobs worth, but at the same time, I won't be rushing to read their site content, but through the Bush Poetry faction of so many of their festivals, I will always be happy to promote them.

Neil

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:07 pm

Oh, alright, some of the music is ok. :roll: