Kilmore bushfire

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Heather

Re: Kilmore bushfire

Post by Heather » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:43 pm

It's all off the news now Neville - not nearly exciting enough now - not enough tears to record. There has been some very negative comments about the alleged money paid to Corby when people are giving their time to fight fires. (In fairness to channel 7, they didn't know there was going to be a fire) .

Stephen Whiteside

Post by Stephen Whiteside » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:25 pm

I gather there were some pretty negative comments about it within Channel 7, too. David Koch was definitely not happy.
Stephen Whiteside, Australian Poet and Writer
http://www.stephenwhiteside.com.au

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:52 pm

David Koch can say what he likes it appears no one listens to him anyway, so up himself only his feet are visable.

I don't have an opinion on Corbys innocence or guilt and good on her if she can make a quid out of her story she has to survive somehow. The rest of the family are the ones who seem to be running the show or should I say circus.

Yep Heather Hindsight is a wonderful thing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But i do not think they would have given that money to the bushfire victims anyway.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

warooa

Post by warooa » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:03 am

None of the media outlets interested in your harrowing story of the Vitabrits and the mouse? :(

Heather

Post by Heather » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:14 am

A bit Big Brother in the pantry hey Marty!

Pleased to say that this story has a satisfactory ending. The mouse had one last meal of peanut butter and went out with a smile; the birds or possum got the vita brits (whoever got there first); the vita brits are now stored in a sealed, mouse proof container and the trap is set awaiting the next uninvited guest.

Right, off to feed the crows! :)

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:44 pm

Crows have got to live too. :lol:
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Heather

Post by Heather » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:06 pm

Drove down to Wallan today to visit a friend. Kilmore and Wallan extremely lucky towns. Obviously some excellent work done by the fire fighters. Dropped in to see the Kilmore Cemetery (I used to be on the trust) - a spot fire got into the cemetery - very close to the town and a retirement village and nursing home.

Spot fire - Kilmore General Cemetery
DSC_0052 smaller.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.