New bub

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Heather

New bub

Post by Heather » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:53 pm

Here she is AT LAST! Sophie Jean Mulroney. (The Jean is for my grandmother) 10 days late and weighing 7 pounds 4 ounzes. Delivered by caesarean today. Poor little tike has had a rough trip so has a few bruises and a large bump on her head for her troubles. So glad she is here safe and sound.
Sophie reduced 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Neville Briggs

Re: New bub

Post by Neville Briggs » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:10 pm

Good news Heather :P :P Congratulations to Mum.

Sophie does look a bit roughed up, oh well Malcolm Fraser told us life wasn't meant to be easy. :)

Interesting name..Sophie..The Wise One. :)
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Heather

Post by Heather » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:16 pm

Thanks Neville. You should see the size of the bump on her head. In the end it was an emergency caesarean and they had to pull her out with forceps. She's going to have some amazing bruises by tomorrow. Poor little mite. Anyhow, she's here now so that's the main thing.

Heather :)

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:58 pm

And all the more precious because of that - poor little mite. Is Mum OK?
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Heather

Post by Heather » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:08 pm

I saw Hayley about 2 hours after the delivery and the pain was just starting to kick in. She was booked in for a c section today but Murphy's Law prevailed and she went into labour early hours of this morning and then it became urgent to get baby out. I'm really annoyed because they knew 10 days ago that the baby would not fit but because of Easter (the health professionals had to have their holiday and the theatre shut down!) they let her go and they tried to get her in for caesarean at two other hospitals but couldn't fit her in last week. So she went through most of a labour and bub has been put through heaps more than she should have because they had to wait until it was convenient. That's my rant. I can't tell you how worried I was and how relieved I am that it is all over. In days gone by my daughter would have died in childbirth so I am very grateful that all is well.

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:02 pm

Welcome Sophie Jean Mulroney (a touch of the Oirish hey) Congratulations to all And best wishes to the Mum.

And Nannu Nannu you other life beguines in earnest.

TTFN 8-)
I Keep Trying

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:53 pm

Jean is such a beautiful name should be more of it. ;) ;) ;)

Congratulation to both you and Darren, Heather

I can understand your concern I would have been frantic.

Best wishes to Haley as well .

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

keats

Post by keats » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:02 pm

Ah, so soon we can all join in on a Grandma and Grandpa posting section here!! Great to see all is well with Mum and Bub (and Granny). My youngest came out looking like ET after an emergency forceps birth but after a couple of days it all went away. I just told people up till then that he looked like his mother.

Great News

Neil

Heather

Post by Heather » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:26 pm

And why not Keats? It beats some of the jokes!! :D

Thanks everyone for your all good wishes. I went to see Sophie again tonight and the poor little tike was very unhappy - she probably has a massive headache, plus she has a lot of bruises around her face.

Dave, Jean is as Scottish as you can get! (Irish :roll: :lol: ) My grandmother was Jean and was one amazing and very much loved woman. I am named for her, my youngest daughter has Jean as a middle name and now little Sophie carries on the tradition. She would have been very proud today. :)

mummsie

Post by mummsie » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:06 am

Congratulations to all Heather. Glad everything worked out well for mum and bub. Now, on with the spoiling [ahhh, it's great to be a grandparent 8-) 8-)]

Sue
the door is always open, the kettles always on, my shoulders here to cry on, i'll not judge who's right or wrong.