OFF TO THEODORE

ABPA members can discuss their public performances here ...
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Glenny Palmer

OFF TO THEODORE

Post by Glenny Palmer » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:22 am

G'day All....especially anyone within coo-ee of Theodore Qld.

I'm off at sparrow tomorrow (Thurs) to visit croc in Theodore. (I've suggested he waits by the Dawson with a grappling hook, to fish me out as I float by...) Anyway, given that I actually get enough sleep tonight to make the long drive, & that I actually get through the rising waters....I'd love to catch up with youse. He's already got me booked for another 'cheer up the locals'...freebie, but a girl's gotta eat too....maybe get a gig going? So if any of youse are within coo-ee of Theodore, (say 2-3 hrs) & would like to meet up, please chuck me a pm & I'll see if there's a pedal operated pc somewhere out there.

HAPPY EASTER!!
xx Glenny
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

Bob Pacey

Re: OFF TO THEODORE

Post by Bob Pacey » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:39 am

Hey Glenny It depends how long you are staying I think the Theodore show is on the 9th asnd 10th of May. I was to go out last year but could not get time off work and the Biloela show is on around the 13th so you could get a look in there as they are always looking for different acts ??

Hope this is a help

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:46 pm

Goodonya Bob. I'm still here...thanks to the bloody Bureau of Meteorology....Major flooding in Theodore!!! 12.5 mtrs!!
So after crying in my living room....in amongst all the paraphernalia I had ready to pack....his nibs gets onto me & says 'It's ok Lovey. The locals say bullcrap, the local Norman says bullcrap...(croc calls the cops 'Norman'...((the lawman))...so plan b is to...quote... 'get your ar** into bed & have a kip, & set off at midnight...but go through Kingaroy/Cracow....and make sure you list all the fuel stops on the way.' (Yeah. I'm sure they'll be up & at it in Cracow at 2 am.)

My poor head.... :?

Anyway, I'll check that out Bob. In my innocence I think I'm staying a week or so, but crocs are cunning blighters, & what I think is not always what he reckons...the little darlin'.

HAPPY EASTER ALL.
xx Glenny

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:51 pm

No problems Glenny I think I may still have some contact numbers if you like.

Cheers Bob

Hey do not forget to take a stroll down the Boulivard in Theodore nice country town.

Where is Croc staying ?

Bob

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:52 pm

....in a swamp...where else? Nah, he's got his caravan come mobile Bunnings. But he's sorted an ex flooded house for me. Not completely de-flooded but... I get a tad restless sleeping on chainsaws in the van.

Yeah yeah...I'm still bloodywell here. Cosmetics take sooo long to pack! I'll grab 3 hrs sleeep & set orf, & conk out under a gidyea somewhere further up the way, when I'm outta the flaming smoke.
Y a a w n.

xx Glenny :shock:

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:28 am

Oh Glenny you stay safe now. We do not want to read about you in the papers wrapped around some tree. Not that I'm saying you are a tree hugger but they just do not appreciate a hug at any speed.

let us know how Theodore goes. Hey if you get time ask about an old couple named Brian and Clair O'Mara thay are wonderful people and have lived there for years.

Cheers Drive safely Bob