New Aged Care Facility at Woonona

ABPA members can discuss their public performances here ...
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Zondrae

New Aged Care Facility at Woonona

Post by Zondrae » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:41 pm

The Marco Polo, Italian welfare group who already operate a couple of aged care facilities in the Illawarra are in the process of taking in residents at their new Woonona site. The facility will be divided into 'needs' of care sections. The two ground floor wings which will also contain some commercial businesses eg corner store, Doctor Surgery, Hair Dressers, Cafe and Bistro will be open to the public in the surrounding estate re almost full .
What is this to do with poetry you ask? Well an ABPA member is already living there. that is me.Every time I spot a captive audience. I jump at the chance to have Illawarra Breakfast Poets come along to entertain them. We made an attempt a few months back but because the residents at that time were predominantly Italian speakers, we decided to delay our next concert til the ratio of Aussies improved. Now onThursday 27th April 2017 at 1.30 we will again make a go of presenting AN OZZIECENTRUC CONCERT. _

Well it is 5pm dinner time and I'm falling asleep. I will get back to you with some more news when I feel the urge.
If you are near Woonona, drop in. 42837061. I would love to see old friends and any new ones who are brae enough to drop in. There is also the opportunity to perform for us. We will number close to two hundred once the whole complex is up and running.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

mummsie

Re: New Aged Care Facility at Woonona

Post by mummsie » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:44 pm

Lovely to hear from you Zondrae. I often think of you and I'm pleased to hear the flame of poetry still burns within your soul. Take care.

Cheers
Sue
the door is always open, the kettles always on, my shoulders here to cry on, i'll not judge who's right or wrong.

Shelley Hansen

Post by Shelley Hansen » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:25 pm

Well done, Zondrae - you are living proof that the curved balls life throws at us can't diminish the fire within!

I agree with Sue - let that poetry flame burn bright!! :D

All the best with your concerts ...

Love
Shelley
Shelley Hansen
Lady of Lines
http://www.shelleyhansen.com

"Look fer yer profits in the 'earts o' friends,
fer 'atin' never paid no dividends."
(CJ Dennis "The Mooch o' Life")

Irene

Post by Irene » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:56 pm

Hi Zondrae
Wonderful to see things are going well for you since your move.
One day, I may even get over that way and drop in!! :D
Great to see you are still so passionate about promoting bush poetry.
Catchya
IRene
What goes around, comes around.