A WONDERFUL WEEKEND OF POETRY AND LAUGHS

ABPA members can discuss their public performances here ...
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
mummsie

A WONDERFUL WEEKEND OF POETRY AND LAUGHS

Post by mummsie » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:23 pm

I have just had the pleasure of sharing a wonderful weekend of poetry and friendship with some of our poetry mates. Ten poets travelled to Tumut for the Festival of The Falling Leaf and what a wonderful job they did of opening the Gala Day and then moving on to the poets corner, where they entertained the large crowd during the day.
The weekend began with a meet and greet night around the campfire at Riverglade Caravan Park on Friday, Gala Day and campfire night Saturday and Poets breakfast Sunday. Everyone enjoyed the non competitive get together, which saw poets enjoying the company of other poets. The idea behind the get together was to promote Bush poetry in the area, and by the comments received after the campfire night on saturday, it was a resounding success. Poets taking part in the weekend included Laurie Macdonald [Canberra] Kath Edwards [Newcastle] Maurie Foun [Corryong] Jan Lewis [Corryong] John Peel[Tumut] Ted Webber[Young] Jim Lamb[Young] Robyn Sykes [Binalong] Mick Donohue [Tumut] and yours truly. Steve Thew, a blues musician from Melbourne, joined us on Friday night backed by Linton Vogel and Maurie Foun. John Peel entertained us with a couple of songs [yes, he sings as well!!!] All in all it was a bonza weekend and I can't wait to do it again. Thank you all.

Cheers
Sue
the door is always open, the kettles always on, my shoulders here to cry on, i'll not judge who's right or wrong.

Robyn

Re: A WONDERFUL WEEKEND OF POETRY AND LAUGHS

Post by Robyn » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:54 pm

It was a great weekend Sue, and you did a fabulous job organising meet and greet/campfire/breakfasts/ dinners etc. Wonderful. Thank you.
Robyn
Robyn Sykes, the Binalong Bard.

jimlamb

Re: A WONDERFUL WEEKEND OF POETRY AND LAUGHS

Post by jimlamb » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:55 am

A great weekend and good to meet a few more poets in the lovely, relaxed atmosphere of the Riverglade Caravan Park. Well done to you, Ron & the team.
Cheers,
Jim.