Website videos

ABPA members can discuss their public performances here ...
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
David Campbell

Website videos

Post by David Campbell » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:56 pm

My tech-savvy daughter has uploaded videos of me reading four poems to my website. The link is below, and I suppose provides a sort of addition to the archiving that Brenda has been doing.

http://www.campbellwriter.com/

For a bit of a laugh (I hope) try That Night at the B&S Ball or The Truth About Waltzing Matilda. On a serious note, there's A Father's Prayer or Footprints (although be warned, the latter is free verse).

Cheers
David

Catherine Lee

Re: Website videos

Post by Catherine Lee » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:25 pm

This is excellent David - and to see you reading in person is wonderful! Wish I was tech-savvy - I can't even work out how to post my photo successfully and change my password!

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:59 am

Looking good David ... Just a suggestion for your next lot of videos, in the title, incorporate the words, "original bush poetry by ... " or similar. So that when anyone enters a search term, "Bush Poetry", or <your name> in Google or similar, your vid should make the result set.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:34 pm

What a treat that was David - thoroughly enjoyed all of those and the video clips are first rate.

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:26 pm

David,

I haven't 'been there' yet but I will soon. I need to find a time slot, when I have the room where we have the computer, to myself so I can listen properly. I'm sure I'm in for a treat. Thank you for sharing.
I can't even figure out how to record myself even though they tell me a five year old can use 'Garage Band', the software that comes with my Mac. I'll have to get my 13 year old grand son to show me how to use it.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

David Campbell

Post by David Campbell » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:25 am

Thank you, Catherine...I would have been lost without my daughter. She zips from screen to screen faster than I can follow!

Thanks for the suggestion, Manfred.

Glad you enjoyed them, Maureen. There's a bit of variety in those four, although it's odd presenting to a camera. Not much audience response!

Zondrae, I hope you find it worthwhile once you've 'been there'.

Cheers
David

tom mcilveen

Post by tom mcilveen » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:31 am

fantastic David..absolutely loved them..can I make one suggestion though !!..an old tv presenter's and toastmaster's trick !!!.if you print the poems in large font and hang them up behind the camera..you will be able to read them straight into the camera...without losing eye contact...this will make your performance and presentation so much more powerful...as when you drop your eyes back to the page you lose connection with the audience...
try it and see what you think !!! as for the written words...sorry mate ..I have no suggestions there ..they are text book perfect !!!

regards
tom mcilveen
ps are you coming to Tamworth ???

David Campbell

Post by David Campbell » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:02 am

Many thanks, Tom. I thought about using cue cards, but I usually read my poems anyway, and didn't want to give a false impression. WYSIWYG!

Eye-contact is an interesting discussion point. In a performance it's invaluable for humorous pieces, where audience response is so important, but I'm not so sure about serious poems...I'd be quite happy for people to close their eyes and just listen to the words.

Cheers
David

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:38 am

G'day David,

Well I have been there and really enjoyed your readings. The production of the video is very good. Not only is the picture clear and well lit but the audio is excellent. The poems weren't too bad either (hee hee). Just thought I'd throw that in. Hope you are not offended. Sorry to be so brief but my waking hours are so full at the moment.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Stephen Whiteside

Post by Stephen Whiteside » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:50 am

Well done, David. One thought. I notice you give the first poem an intro, but not the others. Any reason for that?

Following up on Manfred's point, I went straight to YouTube and couldn't find them, which is a shame.
Stephen Whiteside, Australian Poet and Writer
http://www.stephenwhiteside.com.au