Still trying

ABPA members can discuss their public performances here ...
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Zondrae

Re: Still trying

Post by Zondrae » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:39 pm

G'day Bill,

In the days when men 'wore hats' it was good manners to take your hat off to a lady. However in Bob's context, the hat is like part of a uniform. That being, in Bob's case, and many of the other bush poets I am acquainted with, the uniform of a 'Bush Poet'. Many of them also wear their ABPA badge stuck on the band at the side of the hat.

The reason I don't like to wear a hat is because it flattens your hair and I like my hair boofy. I usually wear my ABPA badge on my lapel.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:29 pm

HAT HAIR - SO NOT A GOOD LOOK :o :roll: blokes don't get it and a hat is good for keeping the flies skating rink covered :lol: :lol:

I like a bloke in an Akubra ;) Knew a bloke who had a dog called Boofy once Zondrae and it had nothing whatsoever to do with his hair. In fact the name suited both of them: :roll:
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:34 pm

I reckon I might let that one slip by to the keeper because of your age and failing eye sight Bill.

The performance was around an outside BBQ and I can tell you my mother drilled respect and good manners into all us kids.

Robert :| :| :|
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!