Whirl-wind tour

ABPA members can discuss their public performances here ...
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Re: Whirl-wind tour

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:43 pm

here she is the right way round - Good photo Zondrae
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:56 pm

Yeah the batteries were stuffed. I do not even know how I got it from the camera to the computor and first up it was really BBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIg

How did you do that Maureen. I will have to just play around with the transfer and work it out. i have one of Laurie as well but gave up.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:57 pm

Thanks Bob and Maureen,

Between the two of you, you have knocked 10 kilos off me. I may get you to do some publicity shots for me. How do you think you'd go on ironing out the wrinkles in my neck.?
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:43 pm

A picture never lies Zondrae ????? Well not when us wallys are useing the camera.

Bob

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:22 am

hooray,

I have finally found an internet cafe.

Thanks to Bob and Kym for the great weekend at Yeppoon.

Since then the weather turned bad on us and we had shocker winds and then rain. But you can't keep a good fisherman down and we have been feasting on Mud Crab and fish. Keppel Sands was previously not a spot I have heard of but we may even return next year. The fishing is within easy walk and the locals are really welcoming. A local has loaned us the pots needed to catch the crabs and even put us on to the right spots.

So a big thank you to BOB for inviting us to stop in the area. I hope also to catch up with an old friend tomorrow who lives in Rockey. Have written a poem or two. There is a big flock of black cockatoo that call in every afternoon Gotta go... the fish are calling.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Kym

Post by Kym » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:27 am

Sorry about the weather Zondrae, but I'm glad Wayne finally got his mud crab!

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:15 pm

Keppel Sands is a fishing hot spot right on the mouth of Coorooman creek and teams with fish. i could have given you a mud map if I knew you were going there Zondrae.

Sounds like you have the balance right between poetry and fishing, but I really think Wayne would make a great poet just has that Aussie look about him.

Enjoy the rest of your stay. Poets night on at Archer Park Railway station on the 6th of September if you are still around.

Cheers Bob

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:40 am

morning Bob, and all,

We are still at Keppel Sands. Having a feast of Mud Crabs but very little fish. Wayne has struck up a friendship with a local who has lent us some crab pots. The only fish we have caught are Grunters and mostly under size. However we are really enjoying the holiday.

Bob, We plan to leave here Sunday but only go into Rockie. Stay there at lease one night to catch up with a friend. Where is the place that the poetry is on 6th? I'll pm you and check for messages tomorrow. There is internet access here at the Post Office.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:52 pm

Stayed at KS for two weeks. Lived on mud crab and pineapples .

On the way home stayed at (here I go again with place names) Goondiwindi, Top van park. They Have a great "camp fire" set up. When I mentioned to the manager what I had been doing she invited me to join in the entertainment. I did four poems and the camErs loved it. When I was told there were a duo, male and female singers, I was hoping it may be Chris and Merv Webster, but it wasn't. After I finished some of the folk came Up to me to express their Appreciation. That's why I perform- to share my love of Australian poetry
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Heather

Post by Heather » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:21 pm

Welcome back Zondrae, we have missed you. :D Sounds like you had a great trip and shared the love!

Heather :)