WHAT A HOOT

ABPA members can discuss their public performances here ...
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Bob Pacey

Re: WHAT A HOOT

Post by Bob Pacey » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:24 pm

Ok Kym just do not get too good I don't need the competition :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll let you know if anything comes up so you can have a go.

And yes you are right the nerves go with confidence and it is so much easier when you get there a little earlier and mingle with the people that you are performing for.

Sue you have a ready made audience at the van park and most will want you to do well so give that a go as well. getting money off grey nomads as Neil will tell is hard but they have a ton of fun and reallly react with you.

The think i have had to work on is waiting for the laugh, it is almost as important as nailing the poem.

Great stuff both of you.

Cheers Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

mummsie

Post by mummsie » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:36 pm

Thank you Neville. Your so right about the sitting with the audience, gives you a chance to form a more personal repall with your audience, it's surprising what you find out. One of the ressies, who is 95, when she heard I was coming, searched through her belongings to find an inventory of poetry she'd written over the years that she wanted to share with me, I felt so priviledged, and when requested to recite her favourite one, left me feeling honoured. :) :) These oldies lives are not over, and sometimes they just feel the need to let you know ''Hey, I'm still here, and I still matter''.

Cheers
Sue
the door is always open, the kettles always on, my shoulders here to cry on, i'll not judge who's right or wrong.

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:53 pm

Hey Sue meant to ask didga wear a hat ???

And did you get any photos hthat you can post would love to see you in action.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

mummsie

Post by mummsie » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:15 pm

Thanks Marty,Sorry Bob, didn't know I needed a hat, and as for photos, thank god they did'nt have a camera, although on second thoughts I might have won funniest home videos :lol: :lol:
Sue
the door is always open, the kettles always on, my shoulders here to cry on, i'll not judge who's right or wrong.

william williams

Post by william williams » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:52 pm

there you are Sue over and done with till next time your nerves go they tell me after you've done 100 and don't believe them and just relax

Bill the old battler