GOSFORD BUSH POETS REVIEW

ABPA members can post information and general feedback about bush poetry events.
Organisers can include bush poetry results in this forum.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Vic Jefferies

GOSFORD BUSH POETS REVIEW

Post by Vic Jefferies » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:43 pm

GOSFORD BUSH POETS

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Absolutely brilliant night last night when the Gosford Bush Poets launched their 2016 season at the wonderful Gosford Hotel! A plethora of poets, an amazing array of very welcome guests, both new and old, some wonderful poetry, verse and song, lots of laughter and a great deal of friendship in the air ensured that we got off on the right foot for the coming year.

Especially pleasing to welcome the coordinators of the Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Folk Club, Barry Parkes and Pam Farley and to enjoy their excellent presentations of poetry.

Last night was also rather remarkable in that we not only had the cousin of John O'Brien (We'll all be ruined said Hanrahan) Joe Hartigan in the audience, but also the grand daughter of the famous poet and folk legend Duke Tritton, (The Sandy Hollow Line, Shearing in the Bar) Dianne Bull.

During the evening we heard from: Kevin Gee (who celebrated his first Australia Day as an Aussie this year) Chris Kessey
(who made a welcome return) Fran Bush; Norman Allen; Peter Mace; Barry Parkes; Pam Farley; Jack Woodward; Jan Lock; Jill Nevile; Tom Roberts; Heather Harradine; Joe Hartigan; Jay Newman; Mike Cronshaw; Marie Wellard; Bob Wellard; Marion Dreyer; June Hilton and Nick Lock.

We do it all again at 7pm on the last Wednesday next month in the conference room of the Gosford Hotel and would really like to see you come along and enjoy what is always a good night.

Entrance is absolutely free and everyone is welcome to share their own or their favourite poetry with us. For further information contact me on 0425252212 or me mate Peter Mace on 43693561.

Very Best Regards

Vic Jefferies

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Re: GOSFORD BUSH POETS REVIEW

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:19 pm

Sounds like it is going great guns Vic - Good on you.
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Catherine Lee

Post by Catherine Lee » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:38 pm

Sounds like so much fun Vic - it is encouraging to know this is going on every month and that bush poetry is therefore being kept so alive there.

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:13 pm

Put one on in Thailand Cath and I will see if I can come ;)

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Vic Jefferies

Post by Vic Jefferies » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:26 am

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. Gosford Bush Poets are now into their eleventh year and still going well. We had a crowd of over forty this month with twenty one poets presenting their poetry and we average between thirty to fifty people each month.