GOSFORD BUSH POETS

ABPA members can post information and general feedback about bush poetry events.
Organisers can include bush poetry results in this forum.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Vic Jefferies

GOSFORD BUSH POETS

Post by Vic Jefferies » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:19 am

GOSFORD BUSH POETS

"But now from where it is I sleep, beneath these vast eternal skies,
still I hear my companions weep and I hear their tortured crie
I feel the sting of the lash; hear the rattle of rusting chain;
I see the nation that has grown from our misery and our pain.
To those of you who would judge us still - we who were less than slaves-
we would ask you to remember, Australia is built upon our graves."
(from The Very First - VRJ)

Happy Australia Day Everyone,

I hope that in amongst the celebrations, commemorations and enjoyments of today we can spend a little time to reflect upon and remember the amazing achievements of those poor souls who were in effect the beginning of modern day Australia. The enormity of the challenges they faced to simply survive, is to me, incomprehensible.

Now, the Gosford Bush Poets begin their 2016 season at 7pm tomorrow night (Wednesday 27/1) in the conference room of the Gosford Hotel, cnr Mann and Erina Streets, Gosford. Everyone is more than welcome and we would dearly love to see you come along and help us get the year off to a fitting start. Being the day after Australia Day we thought it might be nice if we could have a few "Australia Day" poems. However we will be more than pleased to enjoy whatever you decide to present.

Entrance is entirely free, everyone is welcome and we would love to see you join us for dinner in the pub's absolutely amazing bistro from about 5.30pm onwards.

For further information contact me here or on 0425252212 or me mate Peter Mace on 43693561.

Very Best Regards,

Vic Jefferies