Australian Bush Laureate Awards 2011 ???????

ABPA members can post information and general feedback about bush poetry events.
Organisers can include bush poetry results in this forum.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Heather

Re: Australian Bush Laureate Awards 2011 ???????

Post by Heather » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:17 am

The flower behind the ear is a nice touch! Watch out, Clancy would find you most attractive! :lol:

Heather :)

william williams

Post by william williams » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:38 am

Heather :o :roll: that's Clancys Mate often known as Hairy The Flat Chest

glad to see you got home alright
Bill the old battler

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:56 am

:oops: :oops: ooh Martyboy you say the naughtiest things - :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

thestoryteller

Post by thestoryteller » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:15 am

Neil thanks for taking the time to bring this subject up. It has been a topic for discussion and complaint for many years and one well known performer and writer told me some years back, then why do we all keep supporting this private enterprise. I took his words to heart. I had been a finalist for several years and it became obvious to me what was going on and withdrew my support. Sadly though I see that artist still supports it.

This is not the first time an artist has taken out an award for a section that they didn't qualify in.

I have asked on many occassions Presidents of the ABPA why they are not running their own awards. I sense their answer was 'to hard basket' or a vision of the future.

The Bush Poets Association represents poets at all levels, The doodlers, The doggeral writers, The Hobbyists, to Professional Writers and Performers, along with the many folk who are just lovers of bush verse. Each should respect what the other wishes to achieve and work as a united body. Until then nothing will change.
Some days your the pidgeon and other days the statue.

keats

Post by keats » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:19 am

Fully agreed merv. I too have not entered anything since my first cassette (pre stoneage) and do not intend to enter anything else while things remain as they are. That is why I have brought the subject up, because after this years debacle, those who do choose to enter, deserve to be judged within the realms of Australian Verse, not in a private financial venture as they are at present. We have all seen decisions that we have shaken our heads at, but that is the system that is currently in place if you want an award for your production.

So I hope that by bringing the discussion up again, as many of us are doing with Max Ellis Marketing, with mixed results, we may get some proper input included from the ABPA and it's members, as we have been trying for over the years.

Good to get your input, mate.