February 5-6 Bungendore Country Muster Bush Poets Turnout

ABPA members can post information and general feedback about bush poetry events.
Organisers can include bush poetry results in this forum.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Peely

Re: February 5-6 Bungendore Country Muster Bush Poets Turnou

Post by Peely » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:07 pm

G'day Marty

I am considering coming across to Bungendore, so I might see you and some of the others mentioned there.

Regards

John Peel
John Peel - The Man from Gilmore Creek

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:34 pm

Sorry folks,

I have not been to Bungindor Muster. Nor do we plan it on our list this year. We have just completed Illawarra and I am on the programme for Cobargo Festival at the end of February. Then the next one for us is the National Festival. I don't venture away from Wollongong on my own and I am pushing things as it is with Wayne, to get him to as many turn outs as I do already.

I must look up Majors Creek it is on this year and I have not applied yet. It is in November. We used to go to Gundagi but now can't get accommodation in town. Also I much prefer the festivals where you camp on the site at the local oval. There is too much walking about at Gundagi because the festival is in and around the town and some of the venues are quite a distance apart.

Now let me count; Ilawarra, Cobargo, National, Snowy Mountains, Kangaroo Valley, Majors Creek .. that is about it for us this year. We also plan a winter escape to the north somewhere, between the Snowy Festival (June) and Kangaroo Valley (late October). We might have a look at Crookwell, depending when it is on and if we can get accommodation nearby.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

william williams

Post by william williams » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:04 pm

Hi Marty and Peely Dat fella Bill him be dar 2 dunno about maning the black board though. Laurie MacDonald will be there if your lucky he may even recite if he does get him to do Brinda sella Lorraine Mcrimmond, Joe the Swaggie, maybe Barry Lake, Barry Martin might even be Archie Bishop who knows, not sure if Greg North is comming or not and don't be afraid if you cannot remember your word as it ain't a comp so you can have a glance at them any way, now dont be afraid Heather Green Knight just don't forget your glasses and there are busker around the town on Saturday morning. Breakfast is on both mornings from 7 oclock till 8 in the morning then poetry till 10 on at the Bungendore Bowling Club give me a burl if you need anymore help

Bill Williams

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:55 pm

and most likely,
a moments silence or a short tribute to our mate, David Meyers. Wish I could be there.

Oh! I forgot..... I am booked to do a couple at the Kangaroo Valley Markets on 19th February, so that definitely knocks any hope of getting to Bungindore this year.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Kym

Post by Kym » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:25 am

Aaawwww, I wish I lived souther so I could go to all these events too. My nearest bush poetry event is Bundy and it's a four hour drive. Aaaawww *** kicks rocks and shuffles away with a scowl on her face***

Manfred ... Manfred ... Manfred ... we need a grumpy face!!!

Kym

Post by Kym » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:27 am

and we need it NOW!!!

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:41 am

... :evil: ...

william williams

Post by william williams » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:07 am

Kymmy that ain't manfreds grumpy face that's just his normal one

BW

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:36 pm

... no magic needed... just ask ... :D

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Hey Marty I'm in the same boat as Kym a bit to far to travel and I work in a van park so not much time off. Would love to see some videos of poets performing if possible.

Cheers Bob.
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!