wombat sunday night

ABPA members can post information and general feedback about bush poetry events.
Organisers can include bush poetry results in this forum.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
william williams

wombat sunday night

Post by william williams » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:43 am

:? Sunday 25th Wombat came alive to the chattering of teeth as a fella out side sang BABY It’s COLD Out Side and no kidding it was :o . Though Sue Pearce was there with her hubby Ron
Mind you she would be used to the cold up in those there hills :lol: (TUMIT)
All joke aside it was a good night despite the cold temp outside. There was Ted Webber (MC) Greg Broderick, that new girl on the block Sue Pearce and her old man Ron, Ian Thompson, Robin Sykes Kerry Summerfield, an Bill Williams and me missus Maureen.
And would you believe there were 60 of us there. What call me a fibber would you :evil: ? Okay then how about 40 of us, does that sound right. :roll: Did I hear you say no, :oops: well your right there were 20 of us :ugeek: Maureen Counted the legs :idea: and there were 39 and I divided them by 2 :cry: . But low numbers she was a good night was had by all
Bill The Old Battler

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Re: wombat sunday night

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:17 am

So Jake the Peg was there Bill :lol: :lol: :lol: well he is a good bloke to have at a do. Glad you had a good night and with warmer weather the numbers are sure to increase - not sure I would venture away from my fire either if it was that cold.
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

mummsie

Post by mummsie » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:47 am

Your not wrong Bill, a bitter wind that certainly dropped the temperature. :shock: :shock: But inside was a warm and friendly atmosphere. :) :) Thoroughly enjoyed the night and the company. Another first for me and can't wait for the next one.

Cheers
Sue
the door is always open, the kettles always on, my shoulders here to cry on, i'll not judge who's right or wrong.

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:06 am

Sue I think you should plan a Queensland holiday next year about May or June.

Sure we can get you all the poetry and friends you can handle >

Cheers Bob
Last edited by Bob Pacey on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

mummsie

Post by mummsie » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:24 pm

I would love to do something like that Bob. We'll have to see what work commitments are. I'm sure we'll get to cross paths someday. :) :)

Sue
the door is always open, the kettles always on, my shoulders here to cry on, i'll not judge who's right or wrong.

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:25 pm

Hey Bob you should set a date now

and see how many of us southerners you can muster at one time.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Heather

Post by Heather » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:33 pm

Yep, but just remember Bob, it would be your turn to shout for a Thai dinner! :lol: