Tamworth Longyard Hotel 2011

ABPA members can post information and general feedback about bush poetry events.
Organisers can include bush poetry results in this forum.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
keats

Tamworth Longyard Hotel 2011

Post by keats » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:27 am

Hi to all, and for any poets coming along to the Tamworth Country Music Festival 2011, don't forget to call into our daily Bush Poets Breakfast between 8am and 10am and say hello or put some faces to names of our best performance poets. We also have a star studded tribute to Shirley Friend on the Sunday arvo 16th from 4pm till 6pm and a 20 year celebration of the Longyard Poets on the Monday night 17th between 8pm and 10pm.

Hope to meet a few of you there or elsewhere around the traps.

warooa

Re: Tamworth Longyard Hotel 2011

Post by warooa » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:28 am

G'day Keats . . . how are ya, mate. Re Tamworth; when's it start and finish, I may be in the vicinity - what's not worth missing?

Cheers, Marty

Heather

Post by Heather » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:32 pm

I'd really like to pop up. Where do all the poets stay?

Frank Daniel

Post by Frank Daniel » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:55 pm

To all poets contemplating a visit to Tamworth you will find most of the Bush Poetry Action in the coming December issue of the ABPA Magazine.
I am returning the Poets Calendar to this issue and its chokkas with information.
Most of the poetry occurs at the Longyard Hotel, Wests Leagues Club and St Edwards Hall.
There is ample opportunity for performers in open, novice or otherwise, competitions.
It's the ideal place to make a start on your future.
email me if you need further information at editor@abpa.org.au

Looking forward to meeting some of you up there,
Joe

warooa

Post by warooa » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:01 am

Cheers, Frank . . look forward to the mag.

Marty

Frank Daniel

Post by Frank Daniel » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:25 am

thank you mate.

How's about everybody waving their ABPA Magazine around in front of others.
We could do with a lot more members, the new membership form is in the December issue and also on the website.

regards to all,

Joe

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:51 am

Attention Lady Poets,

I believe there are special spots for lady poets. Check your programme and support us girls.

I can only be there is spirit but I will be making up for it at
Illawarra Folk Festival.
Any ABPA members or readers that might be interested, there will be a pre-festival session on "A Beginners Guide to Australian Bush Poetry and Writing Your Own Bush Poem" at Illawarra Festival. One hour each. Hosted by me. My plan is more of a workshop style than a lecture. I hope I am not talking to an empty room. Please enquire through the festival website.
Zondrae King
a woman of words