GOSFORD BUSH POETS

ABPA members can post information and general feedback about bush poetry events.
Organisers can include bush poetry results in this forum.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Vic Jefferies

GOSFORD BUSH POETS

Post by Vic Jefferies » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:34 am

GOSFORD BUSH POETS

"....Feels what they feel, loves what they love, learns to hate
what they condemn,
Takes his pen in tears and triumph, and he writes it down for them."
HENRY LAWSON 17th JUNE 1867- 2nd SEPTEMBER 1922.

Good Morning Everyone,

When the fabulous Gosford Bush Poets meet at 7pm next Wednesday night (29/6) at the Gosford Hotel, Mann Street, Gosford, they will not only commemorate the birth of one of our country's greatest writers and poets, Henry Lawson, but also, can you believe it, the sixth birthday of the Gosford Bush Poets!

Yep! Next Wednesday night will mark the sixth anniversary of the night eight of us gathered together in what was the smallest bar in the hotel to kick off this version of the GBPs. It has proven to be a wonderful journey that has seen many, many nights of great fun, fine poetry and much enjoyment. We believe the Gosford Bush Poets is now an integral part of the Central Coast community and has developed into a recognised regular cultural event. Over the past six years we have been privileged to witness the emergence of some very fine new talents in bush poetry and through your support the GBPs have developed into a venue that the very best performers of the spoken word are keen to visit. It has been a great six years that has exceeded everyone's expectations and we look forward to continuing with your support.

We shan't have a guest artist this month which means everyone will have the opportunity of presenting two items. Hopefully we will have some of Henry's poetry presented to mark the occasion and in the absence of competition from the incorrigible National Rugby League with their silly State of Origin football games we hope everyone will come along and help us celebrate.

Entrance as always will be entirely free and we would really like to see you join us for dinner in the hotel's brilliant bistro from about 5.30pm onwards before the fun starts upstairs at 7pm.

It is sure to be a great night of fun and friendship, not to mention sparkling poetry and verse, outrageous yarns and hopefully a couple of good songs from our resident tenor, Mr Nick Lock.

For further information contact me here or on 0425252212.

Very Best Regards,

Vic Jefferies

David J Delaney

Re: GOSFORD BUSH POETS

Post by David J Delaney » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:33 am

Sorry Vic, but I will be glued to the State of Origin :D :D

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Same here Dave gonna be a beauty

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

warooa

Post by warooa » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:30 pm

Aaahm . . I dunno why they say all youse Rugby League blokes have had too many head knocks . . . but Origin 3 is on July 6, the Wednesday after 29/6.

Hope the Gosford Bush Poets enjoy the evening and revel to the fullest irregardless of what they're competing with Vic ;)

Cheers, Marty

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:00 pm

Yeah well it takes a long while to get ready and in the mood.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Vic Jefferies

Post by Vic Jefferies » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:04 pm

Think you picked it in one Marty!
It will be a special night (but then they all are.) We've been going six years despite the naysayers and we think that we have achieved a fair amount in terms of encouraging people to participate and become involved in bush poetry over that time.
We started with eight people and our best ever crowd was over one hundred. We regularly draw a crowd of between fifty and sixty each month, sometimes more and it is always good fun.

David J Delaney

Post by David J Delaney » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:06 pm

Geeeze! I'm loosing it & I never was a front row forward :lol: :lol: All the best Vic I do hope the night is a huge success for you all.