September Symposium function postponed

ABPA members can post information and general feedback about bush poetry events.
Organisers can include bush poetry results in this forum.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
mummsie

Re: September Symposium function postponed

Post by mummsie » Mon May 16, 2011 12:53 pm

I am sorry to hear this Marty, I had penciled this in my diary as my first one to attend, guess I'll just have to keep my eye out for the new date.
Sue
the door is always open, the kettles always on, my shoulders here to cry on, i'll not judge who's right or wrong.

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Mon May 16, 2011 1:49 pm

Marty this is bad news, I arrived home on Sat and have been saving ever since. :cry:

TTFN 8-)
I Keep Trying

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Mon May 16, 2011 1:50 pm

G'day Marth,

Even though I doubt I would have been able to attend this one, it is a pity to have to cancel it.

Mumsie, You could always plan ahead and come along to Majors Creek Folk Festival in November. We always need more poets for the poets breakfasts there. Or failing that Illawarra Folk Festival in January. Or the Cream of festivals (I am trying to convince Glenny Palmer to apply) The National Folk Festival at Canberra next Easter.

This National we had the company of: David Campbell, Jim Brown, John Peel, Peter Mace, Jenny Markwell, Carol Reffold, Barry Lake, Jan Lewis, Annette Roberts, Bessie Jennings, Stephen Whiteside, Ken Prato, Geoffrey W Graham, Russell Hanna, Fran Bush, Lorraine McCrimmon, (and me) and that's just the members of the ABPA! also at the Poets breakfast we had Len Morris (last years Reciter winner)Bev Stewart (who took out the one mnute poem contest) 'Arch' Bishop, Shirly Drake, Keith McKennry, Andrew Harvey (well known down the coast) Ella Edwards, Mike Graham, (both from my IBP group), Jennifer Lees, and to top all that Campbell "The Swaggie". Now if any other place can boast such a line up I'll eat Campbells new hat! I can count ten 'Champions' of one thing or another in that mob.

So if you want to meet many members of the ABPA and see some really hot performances, start saving your five dollar notes for next year. (The National FF does not employ me as publicity manager. nor do I get a 'cut' of the gate!)
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Heather

Post by Heather » Mon May 16, 2011 2:45 pm

Aaaawww Marty :( Never mind, I'm sure your reasons are sound. We look forward to the next date - maybe when the pipes have defrosted.

Heather :)

mummsie

Post by mummsie » Mon May 16, 2011 3:21 pm

I'll put those in my diary Zondrae, see what I can come up with, work commitments always throw a spanner in the works, would love to meet up with you all.
Sue
the door is always open, the kettles always on, my shoulders here to cry on, i'll not judge who's right or wrong.

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Mon May 16, 2011 3:46 pm

Oh dear how sad Marty. :( What am I going to do with all my sermon notes that I have prepared :lol:
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Mon May 16, 2011 4:13 pm

They wouldn't lay a glove on me Matt :lol: :lol:
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Mon May 16, 2011 5:32 pm

Well bugger i was planning a suprise trip down. Even booked my holidays to coincide. Got my brakes fixed and gave the old girl a good service as well got to clean it up yet but if Heathers gonna sit in the back at Bundy won't have to worry about cleaning out the front.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Heather

Post by Heather » Mon May 16, 2011 6:53 pm

I've got to get my cylinder head fixed up before I do long distance (that would be the car's cylinder head, not mine, duh!.. although.....).

Geez Bob, you'd reckon after I go all that ways you could at least clean out the car, new upholstery, vacuum, no, come to think of it, I deserve a new car Bobbo.

Any idea on a new date Marty?

Heather :)

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Mon May 16, 2011 7:07 pm

Are you driving a car with a cracked cylinder head. Heather that's asking for trouble.

OOOOHHHHH

I worked in a car dealership for 14 years as well.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!