GOSFORD BUSH POETS RESULT

ABPA members can post information and general feedback about bush poetry events.
Organisers can include bush poetry results in this forum.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Vic Jefferies

GOSFORD BUSH POETS RESULT

Post by Vic Jefferies » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:58 am

GOSFORD BUSH POETS

Good Morning Everyone,
Last night those attending the Gosford Bush Poets were treated to a night of bush poetry they will never forget and I am sure those who were present will never approach a roll of celluloid sticky tape in the same carefree manner for the rest of their lives! You had to be there to witness the pure genius of Greg North and the diabolical mess he managed to get himself into while explaining the trials and tribulations he experiences in handling that particular humble adhesive to understand what I mean.

Similarly I am sure that anyone who was in the audience last night will never be able to avoid smiling when they hear the classic words, "There was movement at the station........" With fifteen accents and as many hat changes while reciting that poem, Greg North convinced us all last night that he is one of the great talents in the current poetry scene and a hugely accomplished performer. I must say that I was growing a bit more than concerned for the welfare of a number of Gosford Bush Poeteers last night and a little worried at how much more laughter they could endure. There were a number of very, very red faces and many, many faces streaming with tears of laughter, not to mention all those who were clutching their sides and almost falling of their chairs! Well done Greg and we hope to see you back at the GBPs in the near future.

Prior to Greg taking the stage we heard from: Peter Day; Chris Kessey; Bob Wellard; Marie Wellard; Jack Dewberry; Ron Brown; Bob Ryder; Peter Mace; Norman Allen; Peter Rae; Shirley Ryder; Peter Fenton; Keith Patrech; Ken Tough and our surprise guest singer, John Curry.

It was particularly pleasing to be able to announce that our very own Ken Tough recently won the overall male performer award at the prestigious Man From Snowy River Festival held at Corryong Victoria. Congratulations again to you Ken and well done!

We were also very pleased to welcome a gentleman of international reputation who is now resident in Ettalong, Mr Peter Fenton. Peter is an author, raconteur, film producer, first grade rugby coach, sports commentator and amongst many other talents, very fortunately for us, also a wonderful poet! We hope to see Peter at many more GBPs meetings.

It was a grand night all round and we are in the process of trying to persuade another extremely talented and very funny man, who will be making a rare visit to the central coast, to be our special guest artist next month. Negotiations are well underway, but more about that when we know for certain that it is going to happen!

In the meantime thank you to everyone who attended last night. We can't do it without your support and we look forward to seeing you all again on the last Wednesday night of May for another night of fun, friendship and fine poetry!

Very Best Regards,

Vic Jefferies

Vic Jefferies

Re: GOSFORD BUSH POETS RESULT

Post by Vic Jefferies » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:16 am

Good On You Marty,

Greg was at the top of his form last night and it was a grand event.

Vic Jefferies