Reciters' Award - NFF

ABPA members can post information and general feedback about bush poetry events.
Organisers can include bush poetry results in this forum.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Stephen Whiteside

Reciters' Award - NFF

Post by Stephen Whiteside » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:37 am

Congratulations to Zondrae for winning the Reciters' Award at the National Folk Festival held in Canberra over Easter with her poem 'Strike Me Pink!'. Zondrae is one of the few women to have won the award. She is also one of the few people to have won both the 'Reciters' Award' and the 'Yarnspinning' (winning the latter two years ago).
Stephen Whiteside, Australian Poet and Writer
http://www.stephenwhiteside.com.au

Heather

Re: Reciters' Award - NFF

Post by Heather » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:15 am

Fantastic news! Congratulations Zondrae. You go girl!

Heather :D

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:06 am

Good-on-ya Zondrae.

Actually I thought Julia Gillard was the woman to win the yarn spinners award in Canberra.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Terry

Post by Terry » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:49 pm

G/day Zondrae,
I have already posted congratulations elsewhere, but reckon this is worthy of another one here as well.

Regards Terry

warooa

Post by warooa » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:22 am

Onya Zondrae . . great stuff, and great poem 'Strike Me Pink'.

Cheers, Marty

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:08 am

G'day,
The whole experience of the National Folk Festival this year was a little overwhelming. I was able to cross two things off my 'bucket list'. Naturallly being chosen as the Champion reciter is one of the highest honours there is in our genre. It was totally unexpected as I just go along to festivals and do my best, which often pales along side some of the great reciters doing the rounds. I was also very keen to meet David Campbell and I was not disappointed. His workshop was most informative. He and is wife are carming people and I took home their jointly written childrens book as a study guide.

Thank you to all the friends, both old and new, with whom I kept company over the Easter weekend. Also thanks for the good wishes I have received. It was a little scary having to repeat the performance in front of the crowd at the 'big' awards concert. I'm told that venue holds over 3500.

The other thing I referred to was playing my Ukulele in the session bar and staying up late singing along. One of my Uku teachers says " The best (or worst) thing about the Ukulele is that it makes everyone think they can sing." If you have ever been to a festival and experienced a session bar, you will understand this. It would take too long to explain here. There could be a poem in here somewhere.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

David J Delaney

Post by David J Delaney » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:27 am

Congratulations Zondrae, well deserved eh!

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:30 am

Me thinks you are a little modest as it sounds like you overwhelmed them Zondrae.

Congratulations

Bob ( Ps ) We told you that you was good !!!!
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:05 am

Congratulations Zondrae - well deserved too! (will we be seeing something on the "Audio" section soon ? ... :)

william williams

Post by william williams » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:44 am

My heart felt congrat to you Zondrae For youre well deserved wins. Sorry I was not there to see you and meet the other members

Regards Bill the old Battler