Burning Bright

ABPA Financial members can post their Bush Poetry here ...
All Forum Visitors can view but only Financial ABPA Members can post and reply.
Heather

Burning Bright

Post by Heather » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:34 am

I've had a bit of a writing drought. I hope it has broken.

noelcauser

Re: Burning Bright

Post by noelcauser » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:45 am

Good one heather. This weeks subject from our poets group is "Fireflies" so this should spark another bright poem from you

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:03 am

Oi, Noel,

it's my job to post the homework topics. Are you getting cheeky now that you have figured out how to log in again? I hope you followed my suggestion and made a note of the user name and password. I have a 'log' book for this purpose. Each site I visit has it's user name and password duely written down... so I can't forget. Oh well back to the ironing. Umm it's sewing actualy. Something for Matilda who turns 6 in a few weeks.

Nice little poem Heather, It s always a surprise when a poem comes from nowhere. I have never seen fireflies but have a little idea growing (of should I say glowing) in the back reaches of that empty space in my nut.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Leonie

Post by Leonie » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:21 am

That writing drought seems to have been contagious. Good to see yours might be breaking Heather, nice poem.

There's no light-bulb (or firefly) moment happening here. :(

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:47 am

Geez now we're all confused or is it just me - thought 'Fireflies' was the homework subject on the other Bush Poetry site Zondrae??? I just put 6 new ones up here :? :? :? and Fireflies wasn't in it. :lol:

Now can I explain the difference between ironing and the use of an iron (yuk) and sewing and the use of a sewing machine ( more yuk) both of which I am not qualified to even talk about as they are not something I do - but I do know as I vaguely remember that for one you need heat and for the other you need feet.

Like the light and happy feel of your poem Heather - you can feel the writer moving forward, getting on with life and looking forward with anticipation to the oncoming adventure - bit of a Julia type poem :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:23 am

Sorry Maureen,

The topic in my post is for my writing group. "Illawarra Breakfast Poets" I also, (as well you know) post it on Ric Raftis's site for anyone who is interested to join in. The trophy is much sought after DPA which closly resembles a stirrer for a take away coffee. (virtual naturally) I did not in any way mean to have it confused with the topic you have posted.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Trisha Patterson

Post by Trisha Patterson » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:14 pm

Lovely Heather,
Good to see your "drought" has broken too! We seem to have had a widespread "dry spell" there for a while! :lol:
Trish

Heather

Post by Heather » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:14 pm

Thank you ladies and Noel. There's not much poetry happening at the moment - seems lots of people are uninspired at present. Too busy with life I suppose. I had written the first stanza some weeks ago and finally managed to add to it. The rhyme kind of wrote this one but the theme is that life is too short and should be an adventure.

Heather :)

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:45 pm

Heather you have out done yourself ! Brilliant and great use of words to create feelings. Had a go at reciting it freestyle and it flows well. would be a good one to perform for a gathering. I'm impressed.

Cheers Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:04 pm

Good to see you are back and doing some writing Heather.

I like the lines " no time to boil the kettle " " as you scurry from your past "
" The gum trees nod with knowing " they show rather than tell.

The advice of my mentors has been ; use these type of pictures in preference to adjectives and adverbs.

Goodonya Heather Do some more.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.