Where Poets Meet

ABPA Financial members can post their Bush Poetry here ...
All Forum Visitors can view but only Financial ABPA Members can post and reply.
Heather

Where Poets Meet

Post by Heather » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:20 pm

I hope 2011 is a great year for you all! :)
Last edited by Heather on Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:49 am, edited 4 times in total.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Re: Where Friends Meet

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:25 pm

How lovely Heather and I feel very privileged to count you as a friend along with others here at ABPA. We are a motley crew but all seem to rub along pretty well and all share a great sense of humour IMO . So i also endorse along with your lovely verse Heather - to all best wishes for 2011.

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Heather

Post by Heather » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:22 pm

Maureen I couldn't agree more. I've had a tough year personally and I don't think I'd have gotten through it without poetry and the ABPA forum mob. I love the sense of humour here. I've met a couple of you but feel I could rock up to any one of your places for a cuppa and a chat (except for Dave because we'd have to take our own water for a cuppa!) ;)

Heather :)

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:00 am

Heather my young friend I enjoyed your poem and your sentiment, I also wish all of you happy Hogmanay, Heather you only have to give us some warning cos we have agreed any of you drop in for a cuppa and we buy in some Good water and hang the expense. :P

TTFN 8-)
I Keep Trying

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:25 am

G'day Heather,

On both the poetry sites I am active on, I was once the 'most posting' member. If you look at the notation under our names you will see you have outposted me. Since the 'refreshed' ABPA site began you are now the most frequent poster. We might say you are our Poster girl. Good on you. Keep them coming. I enjoy reading all your posts even though I don't always reply.
I am not going to try to catch you. I have ironing and sewing to do today. Not to mention two poems (still) to write.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Heather

Post by Heather » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:34 am

:oops: Oh Zondrae, I thought no one had noticed! I am so embarrassed because obviously I TALK TOO MUCH! I'd eased off a bit hoping that someone would catch up to me - come on you lot, get chatting!

Dave, of course I would pop in for a cuppa with you and your good wife. I might even bring some nice biscuits or cake if you are good.

Jeff Thorpe

Re: Where Poets Meet

Post by Jeff Thorpe » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:57 pm

Heather, I've only just read this. Lovely sentiments. Keep up your good work in 2011.

Cheers, Jeff

Leonie

Post by Leonie » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:21 pm

I managed to miss this one too, so thanks to Jeff for bumping it.

Lovely poem Heather, and all the best to you for 2011 as well. You can pop around here for a cuppa but you have to bring your own teapot. ;) ;) :lol:

That was a line in one of my poems ... about the Mayor ... oh nevermind.

David J Delaney

Post by David J Delaney » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:26 pm

I agree with everyone else Heather, that's a good bit of poetry there mate! :D

Heather

Post by Heather » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:05 pm

Well, ta ya'll; glad you enjoyed it.

Feeling a bit under the weather at the moment - Dave gave me his cold! Dave, how could you?

Leonie If you write any smaller I'm gonna need new glasses! I'd love to pop 'round but I suspect the roads are probably flooded. Never mind the teapot, my poison is coffee - but it must be Macona and I will bring my own.

LOVE the way you all said "No Heather, you don't talk too much!" I see Zondrae is fast catching up zoom zoom!