THE BALLAD OF KATE HALL

ABPA Financial members can post their Bush Poetry here ...
All Forum Visitors can view but only Financial ABPA Members can post and reply.
Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Re: THE BALLAD OF KATE HALL

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:56 pm

Good Luck Terry - hope all goes well for you Mate

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:59 pm

G'day Terry,
I am not too sure how Maureen and Jasper started theirs off, but reading between the lines I am thinking that like croc and I, the title came afterwards! When croc offered me the option to start, I virtually wrote the first bit of ryhme that came into my head, he then picked up on that and away we went, picking a topic is one way to get started though.
Ross

Heather

Post by Heather » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:50 pm

What sort of jug was it and how many horses pulled the dray?

Maureen K Clifford

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:09 pm

Actually good Irish crystal handed down to her from her Grandmother Molly McGilicuddy of the Dublin McGilicuddy's

The horses were a pair of matched bay Clydesdales. Bess and Belle. Bess had a white off fore and Belle had a small white flash on her forehead. They were sisters - 8 years old from Chudleighs Cherish out of Bethania Belle.

Ross that is exactly how this started John kicked it off and it galloped along from there - a bit like Bess and Belle :lol:

Cheers

Maureen

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Terry

Post by Terry » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:30 pm

G/day Maureen,
All went well had a few more polyps removed, have to take it easy for a few days as I have had some severe bleeds in the past.

Ross,
Sounds like a lot of fun perhaps we can get something similar started some time if there's any interest. mind you, you blokes and Maureen and her mate have set the bar pretty high,

Cheers Mates Terry

warooa

Post by warooa » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:16 am

Good to see you're well, Terry. I think the collaborative idea seems great fun, where no-one knows where the piece is heading and as MC, JB, Rossco and the reptile have shown the results can be quite good.

Cheers, Marty

ps. you're right Maureen, you wouldn't mess with a woman who handled her fine Irish jugs in such a way

pps. Where is Jasper . . tell him not to make a stranger of himself.

Jasper Brush

Post by Jasper Brush » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:19 pm

G'day everyone.

Well, Maureen and I had a ton of fun. We posted our favourite Aussie poems and explained the ins and outs of redback spiders and IXL jam tins. To tell the truth the poem started out as 'The Ballad of Chudliegh Hall.' However, by the second verse Kate had taken over, she is a woman-- a real woman-- full of guts, a type of woman that would make a drover a happy man. She could gut a Kangaroo, chop off its tail at 3:pm chop it up and put in a cookin pot with some sliced onions and carrots and have it ready for dinner by six'oclock. :x

The third verse the story took off on a dffernt tangent.

I will return... Got to go to dinner. :D

Jasper

Heather

Post by Heather » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:49 pm

Eggcellent to see you back Jasper. How's that book going?

Heather :)

Maureen K Clifford

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:01 pm

G'day John - looks like we might get another one going :lol: :lol: It was great fun and I very much enjoyed doing it - so Manfred is there any reason why we couldn't do one here under a separate post? Perhaps folks if we indicate whether or not we are interested in doing so it might help.

Hows about I start another post in general chat and see if we have enough interested people to twist Manfreds arm? :roll: Yes good idea I will do that.

Cheers

Maureen

Jasper Brush

Post by Jasper Brush » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:52 pm

G'day, Heather.

You have a good memory. I'm onto another book at the moment. It's about a bloke that breeds stock horses drops into a pub on theNSW/QLND border. Everyone gets murderd except, him, another bloke and the killer. He takes off and comes back the next day and the pubs gone, For Christs sake--No pub---only vacant land as far as the eye can see. Anyway, its about opal mining and how the horse breeding bloke goes through old newspapers and council files to find out the true story about the murderer. :D In six months time it's yours for a discount price of $15.95 signed by the author. :D

JB :o