IN HIS OPINION

ABPA Financial members can post their Bush Poetry here ...
All Forum Visitors can view but only Financial ABPA Members can post and reply.
Heather

Re: IN HIS OPINION

Post by Heather » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:23 pm

Thanks Neville. I have written two war poems I like even better since. Pathos appeals to my poetic streak. I hope you can get a copy of the booklet. It has some darn good poetry in it.

Heather :)
Last edited by Heather on Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:10 pm

Like the rather cynical last line of each verse Neville In my opinion :lol: that works really well.

Top po'ing

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:46 am

Thanks Maureen..me ! cynical :o :)
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Bellobazza

Post by Bellobazza » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Aaaargh!!....
I keep trying to catch up on all the postings, but I can't seem to get less than one and a half pages behind. Had to take a moment to add my plaudits Nev, even though I've congratulated you elsewhere.
You really should get to Toolangi next year if you can (that goes for everyone). It's an experience well worth the effort, believe me.

Cheers, Will.
"Each poet that I know (he said)
has something funny in his head..." CJD

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:47 pm

G'day Everyone,

No other festival can even scratch the surface of the National Folk Festival for spoken word content. For a start it goes from Thursday afternoon til Tuesday morning. (The last Haraaha is in the Trubador Bar after everything else is over) there are 4 (+Tues) Poets breakfasts and a trophy for the reciter of the festival. There is yarn spinning and it has a big perpetual trophy. There is a hugely popular debate. Also individual poets concerts throughout the festival. There are usually also round robin three or four poets concerts. There are opportunities for blackboard appearances and naturally busking. Last year they even had a 'slam' poetry competition.

I have been attending the National since 2001 and we plan our year around it. You get to meet many of the mob on this site.
Zondrae King
a woman of words