The Grave of Joe Governor

ABPA Financial members can post their Bush Poetry here ...
All Forum Visitors can view but only Financial ABPA Members can post and reply.
Bellobazza

Re: The Grave of Joe Governor

Post by Bellobazza » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:19 pm

G'day me ol' sparrin' mate...
This is a great piece. You've touched on the main facts of the matter without cluttering it up with "documentary" style detail and explanation, intriguing the reader who is unfamiliar with the story and, perhaps, prompting further research. The enjambment is especially effective, I think, seeming to come at naturally occurring points so as to be almost unnoticed.

Congratulations too on your Toolangi result. Equal third with no lesser light than David Campbell!...and well deserved too (in his opinion ;) )

Cheers, Will.
"Each poet that I know (he said)
has something funny in his head..." CJD

warooa

Post by warooa » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:54 pm

Lovely writing re the Governor boys . . . I remember poring over the Keneally novel years ago reading and re-reading it . . you've encapsulated it here so well. Like Maureen says . . the Aboriginal story. And congrats for your gong at Toolangi. Great to be back on forum with you and all the rest of the mob. Goodonya mate.

Cheers. Marty

william williams

Post by william williams » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:08 pm

Con grat Neville glad to see you win and you to Terry and zondrae in placeings Theres hope for me yet in open company not that I will give you lot a run for your money
regards Bill the old Battler

Terry

Post by Terry » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:42 am

Congratulations Neville,
Well done mate.

Cheers Terry

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:31 pm

Thanks to all who replied, Pelly, Irene, Maureen, Will, Marty and Terry. I read all the comments with great interest.

Actually I read everybody's poems and all the comments , they are all interesting and delightful. I haven't done a lot of replies lately there's been so many posts I can't catch up.

Good to see you back Will, I was especially pleased for you, that you got an award at Toolangi, that was your ambition and you did it :) great work.

Neville
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Bellobazza

Post by Bellobazza » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:03 pm

Thanks Mate.
It was great to see so many familiar names in the winners lists and to figure among such worthies as yourself.
Too early to say definitely, but hope to be at Tamworth in January and possibly catch up with you if you're going ?

Cheers, Will.
"Each poet that I know (he said)
has something funny in his head..." CJD