Singing Love Songs to My Cows

For sharing of original song lyrics, together with haiku, sonnets and other unusual poetry forms. Although not strictly bush poetry, we welcome the sharing of members' compositions in these three genres, with a view to inclusiveness and mutual encouragement. Open to all Registered Forum Users. See Board Index for separate section on free verse and non-rhyming poetry.
Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Re: Singing Love Songs to My Cows

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:27 am

That is just the best news John, well done - and music is often the way to win a fair maid so who knows - next stop you might be singing love songs to some other moooover - something in the way she mooooves, attracts me like no udder lover :roll:
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Peely

Post by Peely » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:50 am

I had a bit of a read through the comments again last night myself, Bob. I can recall there was a phrase there that might inspire something else yet (something I wrote in a reply to someone - also a great song title). There were some good, fun responses on this one, that's for sure.

I'm not going to jump the gun too much on the love life, Neville, but there are a few good signs there.

Thank you Heather. I wonder if Singleton could end up being renamed as Dublin?

Thank you Maureen. I haven't been singing any love songs to cows lately (which could be due to the fact that I now live in town). Then again, if I don't know some of the ladies out there all that well just yet, maybe I have.
John Peel - The Man from Gilmore Creek

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:44 pm

Heather wrote:Good on you John.

There's something in the air at Singleton this week I think. :lol:
And its not my dirty socks. :shock:

What is going on ??? Dublin ??
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.