Poetry Reading

Recurring debates on important poetry topics.
Mal McLean

Re: Poetry Reading

Post by Mal McLean » Mon May 19, 2014 9:37 pm

You miss the point Bob.

Greg and Glenny are also great teachers.

Onya Manfred.

Mal
Preserve the Culture!

keats

Post by keats » Mon May 19, 2014 10:25 pm

Mal, I think you have missed the entire point of what the folks here are trying to put forward. No offence Intended.

Neil

william williams

Post by william williams » Mon May 19, 2014 10:54 pm

Mal if I could afford to go up there and stay in accommodation I'd be up there reading amongst others, but alas sorry.
Orta be more of it at every venue so all of us can have a go instead of those who are endowed with the ability to memories poems or stories

Just remember now with your exclusive group performers you are now excluding members like FRANK DANIEL whose mind like many others have now got problems with their reciting memories

Bill The old Battler

william williams

Post by william williams » Mon May 19, 2014 11:45 pm

On your remarks Manfred you stated that we may cut a CD several years ago I made that offer to the members if they would send me a copy of their works (recording that is by email or other wise) I would compile it together and make a CD for every one at no cost to the people who sent in their works. To every one else it would cost them $15.00 and that included packaging and Postage of that I would send to The ABPA $5.00 of that remaining $10.00 my costs turned out that all I would receive from each CD Was approx 50 cents the rest was Paper, CD, Printing, Ink and Electricity and Postage.

SEVEN members availed them selves of that opportunity and each received their CD but not one other member of the forum used the service

Makes you think just how many care about the group. By the way ANDREW HULL (HULLY), GLENNY PALMER and FRANK DANIEL all of them were professionals who offered and put there hand up with works for the CD the rest of performer were ordinary members of the ABPA

Bill Williams

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Tue May 20, 2014 6:28 am

Goodonya Bill. I guess many people didn't become involved in the CD is for the same reason you won't be coming to North Pine, it just didn't suit them at the time!!
This doesn't mean that you don't care Bill, because I know you do.

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Tue May 20, 2014 9:39 am

Bob Pacey wrote: What is going to make me either hop in the car and drive down or fly ( if I win the lotto ) Bob
Hey Bobbo.....you would get the ruler smacked across your knuckles by me! And then you'd hop on the plane back home, knowing you are then not just a good writer...but now a bloody good writer!

And you would get the back of your head clipped by Greg! And then you'd hop on the plane back home, knowing you are then not just a good performer...but now a bloody good performer!

See ya there?... ;)
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Tue May 20, 2014 10:54 am

I'm still waiting to read Bob's poem on drying stockmen :lol: Perhaps it's linked to Marty's missus reading her New Idea - I dunno

we had strung them on the fences all along the northern track
where the hot sun desiccates them and slow turns their skin to black
then we package and we stack them, load them in the four by four
to rejuvenate just add beer – and they’ll last for evermore
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

David Campbell

Post by David Campbell » Tue May 20, 2014 11:14 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You can also pickle them, Maureen. Any tips on that?

David

Mal McLean

Post by Mal McLean » Tue May 20, 2014 4:30 pm

No offence taken Neil. :)
Preserve the Culture!

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Tue May 20, 2014 4:39 pm

Shit I had to go a long way back to see whatya was talking about Mausie ! yeah good one.

hey a good bit of subject matter there.

It is down in the city Glenny. Might only make Bundy this year as I've used most of my holidays.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!