REPORT FROM WOMBAT BUSH POETS

Event Organisers can post Results here, with a reminder to also forward any results to the Admin for posting on the Main ABPA page.
mummsie

REPORT FROM WOMBAT BUSH POETS

Post by mummsie » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:15 am

A great night of Bush Poetry was held last night at Wombat. Plenty of poets [they were coming out of the rafters] and a large audience [standing room only]. Names included Greg Broderick, David Styles, Robyn Sykes, Ted Webber, John Peel, Kathy Edwards, Ian Thompson, Jim Lamb and yours truly.
Great to see the youngsters there again. Anthea Gahan did a wonderful rendition of "Mulga Bills BIcycle". Isobell Gahan entertained us with some C J Dennis and Millie Bulger sang "The Droving Days".
Grant Richardson [you may remember him from the Australias Got talent Final a few years ago] played guitar and sang a few vocals. Very enjoyable.
All in all a great night of entertainment. A big thank you to all who participated. This event is growing in numbers [both poets and audience] and all looks good for the future of Bush Poetry in the bush.

Cheers
Sue

Photo John Peel, Sue Pearce, Kathy Edwards and Robyn Sykes at Wombat.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
the door is always open, the kettles always on, my shoulders here to cry on, i'll not judge who's right or wrong.

Neville Briggs

Re: REPORT FROM WOMBAT BUSH POETS

Post by Neville Briggs » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:40 pm

Thanks for that Mummsie, well done. :P
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue May 01, 2012 9:08 pm

You just get younger and younger Sue!

Heather :)

mummsie

Post by mummsie » Tue May 01, 2012 10:55 pm

How I wish Heather. :lol: :lol: I'll try telling my hips and knees, maybe it will make a difference. :) :)

Sue
the door is always open, the kettles always on, my shoulders here to cry on, i'll not judge who's right or wrong.

Heather

Post by Heather » Wed May 02, 2012 12:36 pm

Just be firm with them Sue. Show then who's boss! :lol:

Heather :)

william williams

Post by william williams » Wed May 02, 2012 1:47 pm

and Heather Sue is firm with them cause they are her bosses

Now Sue :o stop worring about your hips and knees :? cause everyone is watching :shock: them for you :roll:

arn't you I glad I weren't there to cause Ron didn't a wide angle lens did he. Good on you lot hopefully I will make it next time

Bill Williams

Robyn

Post by Robyn » Thu May 03, 2012 8:18 pm

Well done Sue -it was good to catch up!
Robyn
Robyn Sykes, the Binalong Bard.