ORACLES OF THE BUSH - TENTERFIELD results

Event Organisers can post Results here, with a reminder to also forward any results to the Admin for posting on the Main ABPA page.
Mal McLean

ORACLES OF THE BUSH - TENTERFIELD results

Post by Mal McLean » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:33 pm

Okay...own up. Who is going to Tenterfield? I mean to catch up with as many as I can this year. I'm really looking forward to another spectacular weekend.

Append your names attendees!

I'll be at the Bowling Club Motel and won't be hard to find. Just look for the confusion.

Mal McLean
aka Mal the Oldfart
the real Mal Beveridge....don't ask. :D
Last edited by Mal McLean on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Preserve the Culture!

Heather

Re: ORACLES OF THE BUSH - TENTERFIELD 29/3 TO 1/4

Post by Heather » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:26 pm

Will the real Mal please stand up. :)

Mal McLean

Post by Mal McLean » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:59 pm

Off to tenterfield 7am Friday morning! Can't wait.
Preserve the Culture!

Mal McLean

Re: ORACLES OF THE BUSH - TENTERFIELD RESULTS

Post by Mal McLean » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:55 am

Cay Ellem won the "Looming Legend" prize! She received a wonderful trophy, a clock made from the timber of the famous Tenterfield cork tree and a nice cheque, thank you very much. A really terrific set of performances by Cay. Brenda Joy (P) picked up the written award and Heather Knight got a special mention as well. Yours truly managed to pick up "The Patsy Award" for the best novice performer. :D All the details will be on the Oracles website in the next few days.

There were some wonderful performances from the entrants. Numbers of competitors were down due to the clash with the Australian championships but the quality was right at the top. Heats were condensed down from three to two with three going through from both sections of each heat.

What a great weekend. As usual the organisational side of things was spot on and the various functions and events went off very well. Congratulations to the Oracles Committee, especially to Geoff and his band of hard working "yellow shirts".

As for the professionals, Brad Mclean was a sensation all weekend as was Gary Fogarty, Peter Capp and Neil McArthur. Laura Downing sang beautifully but the audiances were divided over yodelling. I personally enjoyed the amazing skills she has.

There was a very large crowd at the heats, finals and especially the concert. Quite a few hundred I would think. A really well supported festival. Next years dates are 4th to 9th April. If you have never been, I recommend you go. The poets breakfasts and lunches ar all top notch. I highly recommend Lunch at Steinbrook Hall. - - er,no, not the poem I wrote of the same name...the actual lunch. :)

Regards

Mal
Preserve the Culture!

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:20 am

Congratulations,

Not only to the winners but to all the participants and most of all the organisers. This is indeed one of the best supported festivals and written competitions. I have not been able to be there in person but always read the follow ups. Lets us hope it continues to go on and on into the future, helping to foster the writing of new works and also recognising those stalwarts who keep on keeping on.
Zondrae King
a woman of words