Henry Lawson at table. Bring to life.

Post your images from any Bush Poetry events here.

Please keep the file sizes down to under 150kb. If your greatest image dimension is 600px or under, there will be no problems keeping within the file sizes.
Keeping the LARGEST dimensions at 600px means, if the length is 600px then the width could be the same but preferably less. Conversly, if the width is 600px then the length could be the same but preferably less.
Forum rules
Please keep the file sizes down to under 150kb and the dimensions UNDER 600 X 600px ...
Gary Harding

Re: Henry Lawson at table. Bring to life.

Post by Gary Harding » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:34 pm

... ok, make sure that the word copywriting is not copyright or copyrighted before you use it.? Or is it copywrit..? cheers, Gaz

keats

Post by keats » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:42 pm

You don't like listening mate, do you. You like to rant but can't handle being told anything.

Good Luck. I have no more I can warn you about.

Neil McArthur
ABPA Editor

Gary Harding

Post by Gary Harding » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:45 pm

My poor attempt at humour to ameliorate the situation obviously fell flat.

I tried to shake hands and call the disagreement quits... on good terms :)

No luck it seems.

1. All I can suggest (mate) is reading about, in particular the Fair Dealing provision, before implying someone has breached it.
You would have saved me the trouble of explaining it and why the photo could be indeed posted :) Do your homework first.

2. Odd talk of "copping fines" even after I had explained the Fair Dealing provision unfortunately had to be responded to... as it also carried the further absurd and distasteful suggestion I was going cause the ABPA to be fined. I explained why that was total nonsense.

People normally resort to unpleasant personal stuff .. "ranting, don't listen, can't handle being told anything, warn..." as substitute for conceding.

I am a gentleman bush poet, and if I am proven wrong, I acknowledge it. Nothing to be afraid of in being wrong.... how else does one learn?

So I will try and shake hands... again.... In the way of all good bush poets! :)

Gary Harding

Post by Gary Harding » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:08 am

... actually the 70 year copyright rule is applied to photos and other artistic work created after Jan 1st 2005. If an author died prior to 1 January 1955, works published during his or her lifetime are now out of copyright because the old 50 year period of copyright protection had elapsed by 1 January 2005.

So add 50 years to the old photographers death date... and not 70....

I am surprised you did not pick me up on that ... being the Editor of the ABPA magazine apparently.

Richard Magoffin was involved in an interesting copyright situation involving A. B. Paterson, who was a bush poet. Worth reading... cheers.

keats

Post by keats » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:31 am

Stop carrying on like a child. I made a simple comment and you just carried on like a pork chop.

My 12 lines

'Hey Gary, do you realize you have posted a Copywriten Image?

Neil'

have prompted a novel from you that is confusing to the point of ridiculous.

I'm finished with this conversation, just lucky that hardly anybody ever comes here to read this tripe.

Happy Easter