Error 403

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Error 403

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:06 pm

Any one else having issue today with the site - I am getting the message 403 when I try to post in the Writing Workshop section
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Shelley Hansen

Re: Error 403

Post by Shelley Hansen » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:54 pm

Hi Maureen

Sorry for late reply. David Kitchen advised that some site updates were happening - so that no doubt explains it. I see you've been able to post since.

Cheers
Shelley
Shelley Hansen
Lady of Lines
http://www.shelleyhansen.com

"Look fer yer profits in the 'earts o' friends,
fer 'atin' never paid no dividends."
(CJ Dennis "The Mooch o' Life")

Gary Harding

Re: Error 403

Post by Gary Harding » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:11 am

That was the problem I was having Maureen. 403 Error.
In the end it seemed to be caused by writing a post in an external text editor, Wordpad or some other one, and then Copy to Clipboard and Pasting into the posting box... instead of typing directly into the posting box on the forum site. Especially if you have bolded or italicised text. It is worse going in reverse, from actual post... cut and paste back to text program to work on it.
I went back and forward on email working with David on the problem and in the end this seemed to be the solution.
David commented :
"I think if you do your text in notepad which won’t do control characters all will be good.
Being a Linux server it probably thought you were trying to inject bad code and did exactly as it is supposed to do." (i.e. Error 403)
I believe this was the problem, and so far so good, but.....
Another way I found to apparently bypass the problem. is to "build up" a post by doing say two lines, Posting, then repeatedly using the Edit function to add more text. Once it accepts a line or two to start, it seems to accept more under the edit function.