members poetry

Neville Briggs

members poetry

Post by Neville Briggs » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:51 pm

Is it protocol for the members poetry section to be a place for just one person to post an overwhelming stream of their own pieces and choices. I thought that a forum, by definition, is a place for a variety of people to contribute, with a reasonable allowance for each other to post and consider replies.

The present practice doesn't appear to follow that definition.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Bob Pacey

Re: members poetry

Post by Bob Pacey » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:38 pm

I do not believe that any protocol is set in stone Neville, I myself would rather post a poem and wait for comments and discussion and feel that posting in bulk defeats the purpose as you say.

Is also becomes difficult to scan all posts to make sure that they have not breached any forum rules re suitability.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Heather

Re: members poetry

Post by Heather » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:07 am

Forum users please be aware that the moderators try to read every single post and poem - and at the moment, there aren't enough hours in the day because of the bulk posting. Poor Bob is up all night reading when he would rather be watching the funny football and drinking rum.

While not wanting to discourage enthusiastic people from posting poems and comments, it would be appreciated if other forum users had time to not only read, but comment and start a conversation, which afterall, is what a forum is for.

Moderation and consideration - please! :)